Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

I just got a new ceramic-top range, and need some tips to keep it clean! I have the ceramic cleaner that came with it, a small little nylon scratch pad, and have purchased a flat scraper blade. Also using Windex all-purpose cleaner for quick cleanups, but still cannot get some stains off. Is there anything else I can do or use to get it back to the original 'perfect' look? Thanks.

Kim from Crawford, CO

Answers:

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

HALF Baking Soda and HALF Borax: Mix together in a shaker bottle (like they sell for Parmesan cheese at the dollar store) and label it!

To remove really tough dried on stains: Simply take a damp or wet sponge and leave it on the spot while you clean the rest of the kitchen. When you come back to it, the stain will easily just wipe away! (02/04/2007)

By Cyinda

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

I heard that you should NEVER use Windex Cleaner on your ceramic top stove. (08/07/2007)

By sillyfoot

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

I always clean my glass top with the wiseman or any other cleaner that is for the glass top. I suddenly had this brown stain that nothing would take off. Today I used comet soft gel, with bleach. let it sit for about 15 minutes. Wiped it off, cleaned with my cleaner and the stain is gone. The stain had been on for about 6 months and was really bothering me. Hope this will help (04/29/2008)

By mimicarol

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
A pot on a ceramic stovetop.
Safe Pots and Pans for Ceramic Stovetops
Glass Top Stove
Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove
🎄