Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves?

My porcelain gas cooktop has a film of grease on it. It doesn't come off. What do I do to clean it?

By Linda from Ville Platte, LA

Use ammonia. Mix it with water, the directions are on the bottle. Ammonia is cheap and effective. Make sure there is plenty of fresh air when you open the bottle because ammonia has a very strong smell. Caution: Do not mix ammonia with bleach! Ammonia should be used by itself for cleaning and rinsed with water. Ammonia is safe if used as directed.

White vinegar, then rinse it off with a clean, well wrung out dish cloth. I bet it will shine nice.

I've always had very good luck using either Formula 409 or Fantastic for tough grease. Spray, let it soak awhile, and then use a sponge to wipe clean. It's worth a shot!

To keep your ceramic stove top shiny like new, clean after cooking when stove is cold. First sponge top with Palmolive dish soap and water. With a straight razor dispenser (available at Home Depot) take off any cooked on stuff. Apply small amount of Cerama Ceramic cleaner, also available at Home Depot. Rub in with paper towel. Use clean paper towel to polish to a shine.

I also use Whirpool Ceramic Protectant once a week, which makes it easier to remove stains and cooked on food. I've had my cook top for 2 years, do a lot of cooking, and stove still looks shiny and bright.

By josie from FL

Answers:

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

I would never buy another ceramic top stove, way too hard to keep clean. I thought it would be so much easier until I discovered that everything, even water, sticks and makes spots. Give me a good old fashioned gas stove with burner parts I can soak and scrub. (08/25/2009)

By Marcie

I just got a new ceramic-top range, and need some tips to keep it clean! I have the ceramic cleaner that came with it, a small little nylon scratch pad, and have purchased a flat scraper blade. Also using Windex all-purpose cleaner for quick cleanups, but still cannot get some stains off. Is there anything else I can do or use to get it back to the original 'perfect' look? Thanks.

Kim from Crawford, CO

Answers:

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

HALF Baking Soda and HALF Borax: Mix together in a shaker bottle (like they sell for Parmesan cheese at the dollar store) and label it!

To remove really tough dried on stains: Simply take a damp or wet sponge and leave it on the spot while you clean the rest of the kitchen. When you come back to it, the stain will easily just wipe away! (02/04/2007)

By Cyinda

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

I heard that you should NEVER use Windex Cleaner on your ceramic top stove. (08/07/2007)

By sillyfoot

Cleaning Ceramic Top Stoves

I always clean my glass top with the wiseman or any other cleaner that is for the glass top. I suddenly had this brown stain that nothing would take off. Today I used comet soft gel, with bleach. let it sit for about 15 minutes. Wiped it off, cleaned with my cleaner and the stain is gone. The stain had been on for about 6 months and was really bothering me. Hope this will help (04/29/2008)

By Carol Smith

What can I use to clean the spilled on gunk on ceramic top stoves?

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 6, 2009
🎂
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf85588102.tip.html