Browsing: Cleaning Fleece

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Fleece

This soft, synthetic fabric is generally used for winter clothing, pajamas and blankets. This guide is about cleaning fleece.

polar fleece jackets
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 18, 2007 Flag

I bought a fleece sweat suit and first time I washed it balled up and has lint all over it. I followed the washing instructions and that is what happened. I have used all kinds of lint brushes and nothing has worked. Any suggestions please to how I can get all the little lint balls off?

Thanks,
Vicki from Texas

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

thank you for the suggestions

If any other please i would appreciate

Just tried one of the suggestions for this same problem - I washed a pair of black pajamas and got so much lint. I rewashed several times, then got this wonderful suggestion.

Wash item in water and white vinigar - worked like a charm.

I don't know if it would work on fleece, but when I was young my husband's police uniform pants would get pills in the front across the stomach area and I went over them lightly with sandpaper. I would dig around in his shop equipment and find a piece of the sandpaper whenever I needed a new piece. One piece would work for several times.

I'm able to avoid this problem by not washing fleece with towels or denim. The lint from the towels is guaranteed to ball up on the fleece. If the lint balls are really stuck to the shirt, you'll probably need to use a razor.

Read More Answers...

June 25, 2005 Flag

I have terrible trouble washing anything polar fleece. It always comes out with fluff which a clothes brush does little to fix. Any tips?

Camille from Canberra

Turn garment inside out before washing in warm water. Don't use the dryer; hang to dry on line.

All I have read recommends washing in COLD water.

You think you have problems - try living with a Golden Retriever.

Yes, do as Edie says, use cold water, wash garments inside out, and hang to dry. Try using a vinegar rinse in your wash to cut down on lint When buying new fleece items in the future, look for the micro-fleece. It stays nicer longer and doesn't attract and hang onto nearly the amount of lint, dog hair, etc.

Handwash it!

November 27, 2006 Flag

I have a heated polar fleece blanket. It plugs into cigarette lighter. How can I wash this? Is it safe to wash in the washer and then dry in the dryer or do I line dry?

Angi from Kansas City, MO

I have a similar product. The instructions I received were: DO NOT use commercial washers OR dryers. IF your washer has a gentle cycle use it with cool water. If there is no gentle cycle it is advised to handwash in cool water. Never twist and NEVER run through a wringer. Let it soak for 10 minutes before letting the washer run its cycle. It is much preferred to line dry it but if you must use a dryer........dry on low heat for shortest period of time.

May 7, 2009 Flag

I have a pair of comfy fleece pants that I dearly love but like most fleece fabric they collect pet hair, lint and get ugly balls on them. They looked so bad I was about to throw them away when I came up with a solution. I take a regular bristle hair brush and lay the pants flat then just brush them one way, then the other. This brushing not only removes the lint and hair, it also removes those nasty balls that you get on fleece! I'm not kidding when I say they look like new again!

Make sure the brush is an old fashioned (plastic) bristle brush, and not one of the newer metal or hard plastic styling brushes.

By Cyinda

February 16, 2005 Flag

Does anyone know how to get urine smells out of fleece? My son isn't night-time potty trained yet, and sometimes his diaper leaks. His fleece sleepwear and fleece blanket are both stinky even after having been washed twice. I've tried (one at a time, not all at once!) Oxyclean, baking soda, regular bleach (just a tiny bit since I don't want to ruin the colors of the fleece), and vinegar along with the usual laundry detergent. We're allergic to the perfumes in the anti-static rinses like Bounce, so that's a no go; besides, I want to REMOVE the pee smell, not mask it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lynne

i find that with my two young girls, the best thing for any stain/odor removal is to add borax to the wash -- and if the smell is really strong, let his jammies and blanket soak in the washing machine with the borax and laundry soap added for a half-hour or so before running the cycle.

has always worked for me! good luck!

Hi I have had this problem with cat urine smell and I believe that it will work here. Use Murphy's Oil Soap with your regular laundry detergent and it will remove the smell and it doesn't harm the colors or the fabric. I know because my cat wet on a pile of my dirty laundry and I used the oil soap and the smell went away. Hope this helps

Have you tried Borax? I have a cat that has a problem and misses the litterbox often. I put 1/3 cup Borateem in a regular warm wash along with the usual detergent and there is never any smell. Borax is inexpensive. A box last a few months.

The only suggestion I have is to use Dreft Laundry Detergent which is especially formulated to remove the urine smell since it was developed to wash diapers.I have used it for years to rid the carpet of pet odors and stains. Long before the new products were on the market.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricNovember 14, 2013
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
A hat made from leftover fleece
Making Fleece Hats
Craft Using Fleece
Crafts Using Fleece Scraps
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 9:52:51 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 900 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.