Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
February 12, 2015
Read More Comments
These fleece hand warmers are sure to warm your loved one's heart and their hands!
- 1/4 yd fleece fabric
- 1/4 yd 100% cotton fabric
- sewing machine
- uncooked rice
- cover and insert templates
- Trace cover templates (front, back #1, and back #2) onto fleece and cut out.
- Fold down 1/4 inch seam on the straight edges of both back pieces. Pin in place, snip off any overhanging fabric, and sew on a sewing machine. Tie off threads.
- Pin back #1 to the front piece, right sides together. Sew around outer edge with 1/4 inch seam. Tie off threads.
- Pin back #2 to front piece, right sides together. Sew around outer edge with 1/4 inch seam. Tie off threads.
- Snip along curves and cut off the point at the bottom of the heart. Be sure to not cut through the seams. Turn right side out and shape as necessary.
- Trace two sets of the full hearts (front template) onto the cotton fabric and cut out.
- Pin two of the hearts together. Sew them together leaving an opening for turning and filling with rice.
- Snip around curves and cut off the points at the bottom of the heart. Turn right side out.
- Using a funnel fill the hearts with rice. Do not overfill.
- Use a barrel stitch to sew the hearts closed.
- To heat up the warmers, remove them from the fleece covers and microwave in 30 second increments until hot. Put them back in the cover.
- Enjoy getting your hands toasty warm!
These cosy hand warmers can be made with leftover fleece from crafting projects. Learn how to make them in this short video.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.