Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

Use a little lemon juice on a sponge to clean off the residue on the shower glass doors and rinse. It will leave them sparkling clean removing any scum.

By Mary Ann Kieffer from Lawrence, KS

Answers:

Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

Those plastic credit cards you receive in the mail with offers are great to use instead of razor blades. You won't have to worry about scratches and you can save your fingers too. I've used these many times to scrape the doors. I've also used them on the kitchen and bathroom floors, and counters, to clean up anything that doesn't come up easily. No matter what type of cleaner you use, they sure save on elbow grease. They're disposable and you'll certainly get more in the mail to replace the ones you've had to discard. (03/16/2006)

By Lady Claire

Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

If you decide to use a razor type scraper, be sure to use liquid cleaner or water to the surface to act as a lubricant so you dont scratch the surface. I use a white (non scratching) scubber sponge and glass cleaner. (03/17/2006)

By Carol

Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

This is definitely a last resort method! I bought a house with hard water spots that were so bad nothing worked. I tried every hint here except scraping. I stood in the fumes with "Powerhouse" cleaner and CLR. I tried vinegar, borax, water softener, soft scrub, you name it.

After figuring they were just not coming clean anyway I decided to use a pumice stone. They can be found at almost any supermarket. It worked instantly! Be very careful with this method. It will take some time and keep it wet. There are also some very hard veins in the stone that WILL scratch the glass. So far though I have been able to avoid that. If all else fails try this. It beats standing there with chemicals dripping down your arms and it's a very cheap solution. This also works in the toilet too, but be very careful not to scratch the surface. It made them sparkle like new. Not the best way to spend the day, but it beats buying new toilets and glass.

I haven't tried it yet, I was reading another posting, but the brillo and Tilex sounds like it would also work well and won't scratch the glass. Definitely try that first. If they are too stubborn for even that, then try the pumice.
(03/31/2006)

By Crazy with Hard Water

Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

As crazy as this may sound, try using furniture polish! It works. Spray it heavy on the rag not on the glass, work the rag in a circular motion (pressing) then use a dry rag to shine it up, try it you will be amazed. It also works on ceramic tile around sinks, tubs etc. the soap scum slides off. (03/31/2006)

By Ariela

Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

Ok, Here is the latest on my shower door dilema. The pumice works, but was born out of desperation. I have since tried a brand new razor blade and that sort of worked, but not that well. Went out and got Brillo and Tilex. This is by far the best! Anyone with absolute nightmare hard water spots on their shower doors, take comfort that there is a solution. Thanks for the great suggestion. WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!! I'm so happy. I'll be using it from now on. YEAH (-: (03/31/2006)

By Crazy with Hard Water

Glass shower enclosure.
Cleaning Glass Shower Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Smiling woman cleaning a shower door
Cleaning Water Spots on Shower Doors
Soap Scum covered shower doors
Cleaning Stubborn Shower Doors
🎉
🎄