Using Baby Oil for Cleaning Shower Doors

Category Bathroom
Cleaning a shower door.
Some people have good results removing soap scum from shower doors with baby oil. Applying a light coat after cleaning will help prevent future buildup for a time. This is a guide about using baby oil for cleaning shower doors.

To remove soap from glass shower doors, use baby oil and a scrubbing sponge. After, use a glass cleaner to remove the baby oil.

Voila, no more dried up soap on your shower door!

By Laura from Long Beach, CA

Top Comment

Your idea of cleaning the glass shower door is a good one. This is what I did when we had a new bathroom in an addition. Our shower in the new bath is large 3X5 and was built large intentionally as we had a handicapped adult to be showered. As I had to help him with the shower we put a curtain on a spring rod inside the shower so that I could pull the curtain partway while helping him and keep from getting wet myself. I discovered shortly that the curtain also kept the water away from the glass door. Now we still pull the curtain while showering and the glass never gets soapy water. When the curtain needs washing it is a simple matter to just put it in the wash.

I love using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean the shower doors and a zillion other things. If you try the magic eraser on your shower doors, let me know which you think is easiest and did the best cleaning job. Thanks.

I tried the Magic Marker on my brother's greasy cabinets and it did nothing. I used to work in an elementary school lunchroom and after we cleaned the counter tops (stainless steel) and water faucets we rubbed them with vegetable oil. Shined like a new dime.

If it will work on shower doors, it should work on porcelain? I don't have a shower door, thank God, but I will try to remember to try it on other things.

Thanks. God bless you. : )