Cleaning Grout

I have white tile floors with white grout. The grout is very dirty. I have tried several different cleaning materials for grout but none work very well. Should I dig out the grout and begin again? If so, what color should I use?

Gal from St Paul, Minnesota

Answers:

Cleaning Grout

Get a spray bottle and fill it with Bleach and squirt the area. Depending on how dirty the grout is determines how long to leave the Bleach on. After I let it soak awhile, I just wash it down with clean water. No scrubbing required. (05/14/2006)

By JILLSAVES

Cleaning Grout

You can try this. Westley's Bleche-Wite. (yep, thats how it is spelled!). It is in the automotive section at Family Dollar and costs around $2.00. It is a whitewall/blackwall tire cleaner for cars, but we use it around the house mostly for stubborn stains or brightening up white items. Do not use on painted surfaces though. Test a small area first to determine how long you need to let it set. You may or may not have to scrub but just rinse. We use it for our tennis shoes alot! Spray on, let sit a minute or two, scrub lightly and wipe off. Works like a champ. Brightens white plastic lawn furniture too! Great for white garbage buckets and bathroom sinks, showers, tubs if whitening is needed. Hope this works for your grout too! (05/17/2006)

By leonbssldy

Cleaning Grout

I tried using the hydrogen peroxide to clean my grout, what an easy way and beautiful results with it! As you can see from the photo, the top is before cleaning, the bottom is the section I cleaned. I used a hair dye bottle with a narrow tip to squirt the HP on the grout, let it sit for 5 minutes, and barely had to use a scrub brush. The grout had never been cleaned in the 20 years this tile floor was down, thank you so much pavanco1 for this tip! Now to finish cleaning the other 150 square feet. (11/16/2006)

RE: Cleaning Grout

By gardencraft

Someone cleaning tile grout with a toothbrush.
Cleaning Grout
A handyman replacing floor grout.
Floor Grout Keeps Cracking
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎄