Cleaning Laminate Floors

Just installed new dark oak coloured laminate flooring. Unfortunately it shows up every mark, footprints, paw marks, water stains, etc. It is driving me daft already. I wish I hadn't gotten this colour.

It looks great when cleaned initially, with water and vinegar only. The stains show up almost immediately when walked on when it dries. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

By tartan lass from Sudbury, ON

Cleaning Laminate Floors

Vinegar and water is it. I'm so glad I found this website, because I thought I was never going to get my laminate floor looking good. The Bona spray recommended by my installer left an awful, dull film that streaked and showed every footprint. No store-bought product I tried worked.

After reading up here, I simply wiped with a moist vinegar water rag and towel dried, it took up all the awful old film easily and left the floor as beautiful as the first day it was installed. Not a single streak, and easy and fast to do. Thank you folks, so much. (05/20/2009)

By Sandcrab23

Cleaning Laminate Floors

All I use is the vinegar and water as recommended by the manufacturer. I then stand on a big old clean towel and go around the floor and dry it. It dries beautifully without any streaks or film, will also keep any little insects away. I have tried some of the floor cleaning products, but none work as well as the vinegar and water. (05/20/2009)

By donna52479

I found that using Peppermint Oil in the mixture of vinegar and water will give the house a great smell. This will also repel mice from entering your home. You can buy it at any natural food stores.

I was using a Swiffer Wet Mop, but it always left streaks all over my floors. I read too, that others would use a towel to dry the floor afterward; however, the floors would not stay wet long enough for me to do that. Needless to say I ditched the Swiffer. (05/26/2009)

By Tara-NY

Cleaning Laminate Floors

Vinegar and water works great on tile floor too. As for the Swiffer Wet mop, I understand there are toxic chemicals used to clean your floor. I have heard of several cases where pets have died when the owner used these mops over time. Cat are always washing their paws, so what you use on your floor ends up in their bodies. Vinegar is really a great cleaner, safe, cheap, and it also disinfects. (05/27/2009)

By Amandablue

Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Fixing a scratch on laminate flooring.
Repairing Laminate Flooring
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors