Cleaning Laminate Floors

I just had a new laminate floor installed and I love it. So far (because it's new and hasn't had time to get really dirty) I've just damp mopped it. My question is: When I do clean it is there anything I "should not" use? I want to be careful not to dull it. Thank you.

By chef4u from Sylvania, OH

Answers:

Cleaning Laminate Floors

I would just continue to damp mop them and use a microfiber cloth for a thorough cleaning job. You can use plain warm water or you can use vinegar in the water if you'd like. (05/31/2009)

By Luvyabye

Cleaning Laminate Floors

Once it get's dull, you can use "Mop and Glo". (05/31/2009)

By Cyinda

Cleaning Laminate Floors

I just read to never use ammonia on a laminate. (06/03/2009)

By mulberry204

Cleaning Laminate Floors

I read a lot on this web-site about people trying to get Orange Glo off their floors, so that's probably one to avoid. (06/03/2009)

By Lynn

Cleaning Laminate Floors

I just tried a solution of 4 oz. white vinegar to 32 oz. distilled water and I could not believe my eyes. Every smudge and mark disappeared and the floor is shiny new. I love Thrifty Fun. (06/03/2009)

By merlene

Cleaning Laminate Floors

I have had wood laminate in my bedrooms for 2 years and have used only Bruce Hardwood and Laminate floor cleaner. In the rest of the house I have stone laminate and use only vinegar and water or just plain water. The floors have not dulled at all, still look like the day we put them in! (07/06/2009)

By campingqueen69

RE: Cleaning Laminate Floors

Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Fixing a scratch on laminate flooring.
Repairing Laminate Flooring
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄