Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

I am having a difficult time trying to clean my 1 year old micro suede couch and love seat. I have a baby that drools on them and a little dog that likes to eat her treats on them. Whenever I clean them I seem to make a bigger mess. I am unable to remove the back cushions so I haven't even tried cleaning them. Please help. I want my pretty beige couches back.

Lisa from Vacaville, CA

Answers:

Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

I Googled it and found this very helpful site.

http://www.cleanyourmicrofiber.com/index.php/Techniques_for_Cleaning_Microfiber_Furniture
(08/16/2007)

By Ginger

Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

Buy one of those small shampoo machines, they are not that expensive. Then use it to clean your couch. Test it first where it can't be seen and if that works, you can do your whole couch. I have one and it works great. (08/16/2007)

By Mythi

Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

My dog urinated on a very expensive suede sofa & I was ready to reupholster when it was suggested to try washing the removable covers from the pillows and seats in the wash machine. I was very skeptical but I tried it and it really cleaned it up beautifully. Now I have a sparking clean sofa which I covered with plastic. (08/19/2007)

By sylvia

Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

I had one also two years ago and got rid of it, because I have 4 dogs and one that drools all the time. This would leave a water mark and I found if you take a wet washcloth and clean the spot and then rub outward all around the area you cleaned making it lighter and lighter as you get further out, then everything seemed to dry evenly. I eventually sold mine and got another one. Good luck!
(08/27/2007)

By suzi_homemaker01

Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

Using a microfiber cleaning cloth with a little water did the job for me. It was easy, fast and has removed both adult and cat messes/set stains with no change in the upholstery color or texture.

The microfiber cloth has given the best cleaning results I've ever gotten. Whether the cloth works as well on other fabrics is still an open question. (10/20/2007)

By gardenuh

Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

Buy a slip cover for the couch if you have disciplined animals so as animal hair won't get on the sofa. I would say plasticide your furniture. (11/24/2008)

By leghorn8

Cleaning Micro Suede Couch

My cat pooped on my micro suede (micro fiber) couch. The best way I found to clean it was to remove the poop and then use water with a micro fiber towel and wipe clean. Be sure to test an area first. Then spray with febreeze. Hope it helps. (02/01/2009)

By Rachel

Microsuede footstool
Cleaning Microsuede Furniture
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Suede Jacket
Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing
black cat on microsuede chair
Cleaning Stains on Microsuede Furniture
🎄