Cleaning Urine on a Suede Couch

My husband and I just got a brand new suede couch. Well last night my three year old fell asleep and peed all over it. It soaked through the cushions and the worst part is the cushions are attached, so I can't take them off to clean them really well. How do I get this awful smell off the couch? I only have a few hours till my husband gets home from work. I would love to have it all cleaned before he gets home cause he wouldn't be a happy camper.

By Courtney from Carlisle, PA

Answers

Best Answer

I would be careful about cleaning real leather suede, many products might damage the finish. If you just bought it, I might contact the company or see what cleaning instructions they might have provided.

If it is microfiber fabric that emulates suede, I would try a product called Kidz and Petz. It is an enzyme cleaner similar to Nature's Miracle, but I think it does a better job. It can get into the cushion and treat the odors that went in deep.

Of course, whatever you do, test a small inconspicuous area first.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Answer this Question

How to clean urine stain from a suede leather couch?

OK, so my little cousin urinated on my brand new suede couch, and I don't know how to clean it.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherMarch 22, 2016
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Urine-on-a-Suede-Couch.html