Cleaning a Suede Couch

Category Furniture
Suede upholstery has its own cleaning requirements to keep your couch looking nice. This is a guide about cleaning a suede couch.

How do I clean a suede couch?

By Imogene from Water Valley, MS

Answers

Best Answer

Rubbing alcohol works great, full strength with a white cloth.

My mom has been looking for a way to clean her suede couch. She is currently taking care of my two little dogs, and she also has two little dogs. They all like to eat their treats and bones on there, which has left it stained. Her couch cannot have the cushions removed, so you can't just throw it in the washer, etc.

What can she use to clean her couch?

Please help!

By Melissa from OH

Answers

Best Answer

Try the shoe store, they sell foaming suede cleaner that take stains off of shoes. I would also recommend that after the couch is clean you drape an old sheet or blanket over it when the dogs are on it.

This is a guide about cleaning dog drool on a suede couch. When pets sleep on the furniture there will inevitably be saliva stains on the upholstery.

Boxer lounging on suede couch

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have an enduro suede couch that has a gummy like substance stuck on it. Any idea on how to clean it? I've tried the enduro clean suede cleaner from Sofa Mart but haven't had any luck.

Valerie from Albuquerque, NM

Answers:

Folex

Try Folex at Walmart (near other rug cleaners). It has organic enzymes and it works great for things like rawhide in carpet. I use it on my enduro suede couch (ours is mossy brown green, and has never left a mark). You just spray it on and rub it in. Don' let the price of it fool you, because a little goes a long way!

By camo_angels

Baby Wipes

I have an 18 month old who wipes her hands and face on our Enduro suede couch. Her sippy cup leaks all over the couch with milk/ ice cream. Target brand baby wipes clean it great. Cannot even tell it was there.

By Cleaning Lady ARI

Load More