Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Pyrex Pans

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Cleaning Pyrex Pans

Pyrex pans are a popular cooking option. Following a few simple steps you can keep them clean and clear for years to come. This is a guide about cleaning Pyrex pans.

Solutions: Cleaning Pyrex Pans

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Cleaning Your Pyrex Pan

Do you have crusted stuff you want off the bottom of a Pyrex pan? Just fill it halfway full of water, put in about 1/4 cup baking soda, let come to a boil on the stove. Turn it off, forget about it for about 2 hours. Go back, and voila, it's clean!

Cathy in Wilmington, NC

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Cleaning Pyrex Pans.

Question: Cleaning a Film on Pyrex

I own several Pyrex, glass measuring cups that will not come clean. They all have a film on them. I have tried scouring by hand and running in the dishwasher. I have tried bleaching them, letting them sit overnight in various soaps and bleach, etc., but no luck. I specified they are made of glass, because I'm not sure if Pyrex makes only glass products.

I thank you for your help.

Mary

By collinsmom from NJ

Most Recent Answer

By Kat06/03/2009

I have cleaned both Pyrex and Corningware, with years of baked on stains nothing else removed, by making a paste of baking soda mixed with dishwashing liquid. I make it thick and use a slightly damp sponge to scrub. use moderate to firm pressure. It never scratched anything I used it on. So, it's worth a try!

Question: How Do You Clean Baked On Food on a Pyrex Casserole Dish?

How do you remove burned food from Pyrex? It is a sugary glaze that burned on to the Pyrex.

By gmadrum from Turlock, CA

Most Recent Answer

By kittymom03/20/2011

I put a good amount of baking soda and small amount of water, set on low on the stove, it gently "simmers" it out, have done hundreds of times, especially on dishes with burn stains from garage sales. As soon as you take it off, dump the water and start rinsing the leftover gunk out with Dobie and water.