Cleaning Pyrex Pans

Category Dishes
Cleaning Pyrex Pans
Pyrex pans are a popular cooking option. Following a few simple steps you can keep them clean and clear for years to come. This is a guide about cleaning Pyrex pans.

Do you have crusted stuff you want off the bottom of a Pyrex pan? Just fill it halfway full of water, put in about 1/4 cup baking soda, let come to a boil on the stove. Turn it off, forget about it for about 2 hours. Go back, and voila, it's clean!

Cathy in Wilmington, NC

Read 3 Comments

I own several Pyrex, glass measuring cups that will not come clean. They all have a film on them. I have tried scouring by hand and running in the dishwasher. I have tried bleaching them, letting them sit overnight in various soaps and bleach, etc., but no luck. I specified they are made of glass, because I'm not sure if Pyrex makes only glass products.

I thank you for your help.

Mary

By collinsmom from NJ

I take all my glassware that have film on them and soak them over night in a pan of water and a big scoop of oxiclean. in fact, I use the generic brands. I learned this tip from a bar bartender. Good luck, it works for me!

Pyrex makes a lot of things that shouldn't go in the dishwasher. The finish comes off leaving them looking filmy. The glass is etched. This includes the writing on glass measuring cups. If you've been running them through the dishwasher, this might be the problem. They're clean, they just don't look it.

Try soaking them in vinegar (as previously suggested) and baking soda in a dishpan. Fill them up with white vinegar and then sprinkle in lots of baking soda. I do this when my dishes and glassware form a non-etched film and it works quite well. By using a dishpan, when the baking soda starts to fizz, the overflow will stay in the pan.

I have cleaned both Pyrex and Corningware, with years of baked on stains nothing else removed, by making a paste of baking soda mixed with dishwashing liquid. I make it thick and use a slightly damp sponge to scrub. use moderate to firm pressure. It never scratched anything I used it on. So, it's worth a try!

How do you remove burned food from Pyrex? It is a sugary glaze that burned on to the Pyrex.

By gmadrum from Turlock, CA

I would have to agree with everybody here on the dish-washing detergent. I soaked the dish in cascade dish-washing detergent with water for an hour which softened all the grease up and then I scrubbed all the grease away with a brillo pad. The dish came out looking brand new. It was all messed up before. It had all types of spots all over it. It had been like this for atleast a month. I thought it was done, but I wanted to give it one last chance before I had said the grease settled in. And it didnt. It all came out. Give this one a shot!

OK. This works great, I had a dish soaking for days but nothing happened. But, then I added water until the stain was covered. Then put in a teaspoon of salt and a healthy squirt of dish soap (I used fairy brand). Then I microwaved the concoction for 3 minutes on high. The whole thing scrubbed off easily with the scouring side of a dish sponge.

I had baked on food for years on my pyrex 9 x13 and read here that Mr. Clean Erasers would remove it. So $3.79 later I still have baked on food. Didn't even touch it. Don't waste your money save MR.Clean for the bathroom. Now on to Easy Off oven cleaner and give that a shot. I'm doing it outside however, that stuff is toxic!

I put a good amount of baking soda and small amount of water, set on low on the stove, it gently "simmers" it out, have done hundreds of times, especially on dishes with burn stains from garage sales. As soon as you take it off, dump the water and start rinsing the leftover gunk out with Dobie and water.