Cleaning Silver

Cleaning Tarnished Silver: I need a quick method of cleaning badly tarnished silver and silver plate. A while ago, I moved and then had surgery and by the time I unpacked, all my silver was badly tarnished. Nothing I have tried so far has been very successful, and I cannot stand or sit for long at the present.

SheilaMay from Bronx, NY

Answers:

Cleaning Silver

I read somewhere that to clean silver you put them in the sink with a few polident tablets and pour hot water on them and let them set for 1 hour. I hope this works but it surely will not hurt to try. (01/06/2007)

By Nancy

Cleaning Silver

The hot water foil method does work but please folks be careful. It can ruin your silver. The best fastest creme is Wrights silver polish and it not only cleans but protects your silver also. If you have silver that you don't use everyday, Why not invest in some Silvercloth? You can buy it by the yard and make some drawstring bags to store your silver in. Lots of Places on the internet sell it. It is impregnated with silver so when you store your silver in it It does not tarnish. This is the safest way to store your silver. The fabric sells for about 17.00 a yard but a yard of fabric makes alot of bags. Plus some internet sites run sales as low as 6.95 a yard it is called Silvercloth or Pacific Cloth. Good Luck. (01/06/2007)

By Debra in Colorado

Cleaning Silver

I swear by a product called Never dull
It comes in a can, looks like dryer lint that has been infused with some cleaning solvent-but works great and never scratches-is very easy to use and then toss the dirty pieces. Purchase at True Valu Hardware for about $5 per can
(01/06/2007)

By Diana

Cleaning Silver, Silver tea pot with an antique Chinese tea cup and saucer.
Cleaning Silver
Coiled silver bead necklace with large silver ball.
Cleaning Silver Jewelry
silver tea pot
Determining Silver Plate vs. Sterling Silver
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Woman Polishing Silver
Preventing Silver from Tarnishing
🎄