Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware (Pots and Pans)

If you have stainless steel cookware, an easy way to clean stubborn stains (inside or outside) is to sprinkle the stain with cleanser, moisten a paper towel with vinegar and rub the cleanser around with the towel. Then wipe out with soapy water, rinsing good with clean water. Makes your pots shine! (and no more burned on gook!)

Judi

Answers:

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pots and Pans

For stainless steel pots and pans, boil water in pan on stovetop to loosen all stuck or burnt-on food particles. Bring it to a boil and use a spatula to work it, you may have to do this several times but it works. My grandmother taught me this years ago, before they invented teflon. They only had stainless steel and aluminum back then. Be sure NEVER to use abrasives on stainless steel. It will ruin it.

(06/28/2004)

By Cheryl Walton

Sometimes for extra hard stains, I add a bit of baking soda to the water before boiling it. It comes off very easily. (06/28/2004)

By Beth

Cheryl, I have had my stainless steel cookpots for over 30 years and when they get stained with carbon, I put them in a trashbag and add 1 cup of ammonia. Let stand for a couple of hours or overnight and when you take them out just rinse with hot water or lightly scrub with a soap pad. They still look like new. Hope this helps, Monika (06/29/2004)

By Purpledawn

I use a nylon scrubbie, that is crochet from nylon netting. You can get get the pattern buy typing "scrubbies" on google. They are great for all kinds of kitchen and bathroom cleaning. (12/29/2004)

By Sarah

The BEST I have ever used, and its very cheap, it is called Bar Keepers friend. It is in the cleaning supplies at your local walmart/grocery store. Just sprinkle it in your cooker, add a little water to make a paste & rub all over the cooker. Then rinse off & wash with dish liquid. It makes it shine better than anything I have ever used. (01/12/2006)

By jenjoejace

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Stainless Steel Pot
Using Stainless Steel Cookware
🎉
🎄