Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

I just moved into an old house and the kitchen floor is white speckled vinyl. It is old and very dirty. What is the strongest and best cleaning fluid? It would also be nice if I didn't have to rinse it.

dieseljayne from Plymouth

Answers:

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Try those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I use those all the time for everything, I bet it would work on the floors. Plus, you don't have to rinse them. It might take you a while though. (05/08/2008)

By retrosarah

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

One of the best cleaners has TSP or Trisodium Phosphate in it. One brand that still may have TSP in it is Spic and Span. Do not add bleach or ammonia to house hold cleaners unless they come with these items already in them. Sometimes I will see a product called TSP in hardware stores. (05/09/2008)

By Harry

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Go to your local janitor supply store and tell them what you want to do. For years, I used straight ammonia when I wanted to really strip linoleum floors. Finally, I had a floor that even ammonia wouldn't work on. The janitor supply store gave me a solution (I don't know what it was) but I poured it on, let it sit and rinsed off. It still took a little while. I don't think it's possible that there is a way to clean or strip floors and not rinse them. Once it is clean, you might find a floor cleaner that doesn't have to be rinsed. But you'll still have to clean it really, really good to keep from having wax buildup. (05/09/2008)

By Noella

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Thank you all for your helpful responses. I'll give them a try & let you know! (05/09/2008)

By dieseljayne

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

If you want to clean it naturally, try vinegar or Oxyclean. (05/10/2008)

By Mythi

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Go to Home Depot or a store like it. Go to their flooring department and tell them that you are looking for Armstrong - One and Done. It works great, Armstrong makes a lot of great products for floors. They have a product to strip the floors too. Good Luck! (05/16/2008)

By mistysmom

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

I always use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It takes forever but the results are awesome! Next, do a light mop with vinegar and water. Then pour on the floor polish. It will keep your floor clean and shiny for much longer. Good luck!
P.S. Invest in knee pads! (05/30/2008)

By Mary

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Sweep floor first. Try 409. Spray it on the dirty spots, let it sit for a few seconds, then clean it with a terry cloth towel. Then, mop the floor using water and vinegar, with a splash of febreeze or something that smells good and you will have a clean floor that smells good. (06/05/2008)

By Jeane

Floor cleaning tools like mop, rags, etc. displayed on vinyl tile floor
Cleaning Vinyl Floors
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Hand wearing pink glove scrubbing white vinyl floor with blue sponge.  Black bucket with green cloth in the background
Cleaning Mold on Vinyl Flooring
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Close up image of dog's water dish on wood plank vinyl flooring
Cleaning White Water Stains on Vinyl Flooring
🎄