Cleaning White Water Stains on Vinyl Flooring

Category Floors
Standing water can leave unsightly white marks on your vinyl flooring. This is a guide about cleaning white water stains on vinyl flooring.

Anyone know how to get a water stain out? The floor is wood grain vinyl and where water has sat on it, it turned a white color. Thanks!

Answers

I would try putting a wet tea bag on it, and some of the color can seep in. Leave it on until you get the color you want.

I had a large white water stain on our vinyl plank flooring which was caused by leaving our damp vacuum/steamer mop on the floor too long. And one of our dogs urinated on another area which left a white stain (after cleaning it.) I was unsuccessful performing the vinegar/water trick and mineral oil. I was getting ready to try the bleach & water on the wet rag trick, but decided to go over the stains a few times with the vacuum/steam mop and it worked! No more stains! The flooring looks like new again.

My kitchen flooring is vinyl with a black marble look. The floor near our dog's water bowl has become white. Apparently there was a little water on the floor for a few hours. How can I get the original color back?

By red

Answers

If this is caused by water from the dogs bowl, and is on the surface, surely washing with vinegar will remove it. It must just be some limescale from the water evaporating on the floor.

The mark is most likely from the salts and minerals in the water, try scrubbing the area with a baking soda and soap paste followed by a vinegar wash.