Repairing Vinyl Flooring

Category Flooring
Vinyl flooring is easy to install and very durable. It can be difficult to repair if damaged though. This is a guide about repairing vinyl flooring.

I have a small tear on my vinyl floor in the kitchen. Any ideas on how I can repair it?

Onesummer from GA

Answers

About all you can do is clue the piece back down and lay some books on it for about a day.

Autumn is likely correct, at least as far as I know...

I've had tears in mine & I've glued it back down.

Keep in mind though, that if either surface is SMOOTH you'll want to run sand paper over it a few times so that the glue can hold better.

And be sure to weight it down for a day or two so that it'll hold.

Here's a URL with EXACT INSTRUCTIONS for repairing or replacing VINYL TILE or patching a Vinyl floor:

http://www.diyn  _4805525,00.html

Anonymous

I use clear caulking, spread evenly and smooth out, then put a piece of plastic wrap on it, and a very heavy object like an old cast iron iron or pot until it dries. Works well, can't see the caulking because it is clear it lets the original color show through.

I dropped a frozen roast on my vinyl flooring and it left a big dent in it. Does anyone know how to repair this or make it less noticeable? (And here I was worried about the kids wrecking it!)

Kendy from Milwaukee, WI

Answers

By Sharon (Guest Post)

Perhaps a hairdryer would help to soften the vinyl dent...allowing the dent to pop back up?!

By Barbie (Guest Post)

I read somewhere you can place a damp towel over a dent and then use an iron to soften it and it lessens the dent....be careful not to melt the floor....

How do I coverup ripped vinyl flooring around the base of my toilet, that was damaged when replacing caulking around the base? I don't have money to buy more flooring. Is there a way to cover it up with an adhesive tape or anything like that? I hope to hear from you ASAP. Thanks.

Answers

You might want to seal it with calking or use double sided tape to hold it down. I think I would get a mat to cover up the damage after I had sealed it so that dirt, moisture, etc.

didn't get under the flooring. That would be the least expensive option, I think.

I have "timber look" vinyl tiles on my floor and they scratch very easily. Can anyone suggest how these scratches could be removed?

By Kit Miller from Sydney, Australia

Last night the bathroom tub overflowed. This morning a 3 sq ft area of vinyl floor is warped. What can I do?

By John Peachey from Noblesville, IN

I have a sheet vinyl floor that has a cut in it. How do I fix it? It is slightly pulled apart at the center.

Kathye from Covington, GA

I have got some burn stains on the vinyl floor in my kitchen. Kindly advice me how I can get rid of it. Thanks in advance.

Doll USA from Boise, ID