Cleaning a Blender

Category Kitchen
There are thorough and quick ways to clean this useful kitchen appliance. This guide is about cleaning a blender.

I used to hate using the blender, it was so hard to clean. One day after making a milkshake, I quickly rinsed it. Next I put some warm water and a squirt of dish washing liquid in it. Turned it on for several seconds, let it suds up, then just needed to rinse it out. It's so easy to get it cleaned that way, I no longer dislike using my blender.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

Anonymous

Good idea. I usually just take my blender apart to wash and make sure all the parts are ultra clean and it's so easy to do. ;-)

Fill your blender halfway with water, then add a drop of dish soap and 1 tablespoon baking soda. Replace the lid and blend.

Washing my blender used to be a dreaded task. Not any longer! Now, I squeeze a little dish soap and warm water in the blender and let it run until it's clean. Then rinse and let dry.

By M. Day, OH

Also, once I was making some bath salts for gifts and you were required to put epsom salts in the blender to make it fine and then you dump into a container and add the essential oils, etc. The salt helps sharpen your blades. You should only put one to two cups in at a time.

How can I get carrot juice stains removed from my white blender lid?

Barbara

Try a little bit of vegetable oil on some kitchen paper and wipe over, then wash up as usual. Carrot colour is oil soluble, not water soluble, like the red colour of chillis, tomatos and peppers. Hope this helps :)

Soak it in a mild solution of bleach.

Thank you. I tried the oil, letting it soak for a day. Helped a bit - but then I soaked it in 50/50 bleach water for 2 days and it is almost like new ( which it was).

I think BOTH treatments helped as one hadn't worked without the other.

Again thanks, and this is a wonderful site!

I'm impressed. I just read up on this. Didn't have any vegetable oil though so I tried Sunflower oil and it worked! I'd only used my juicer the once and the carrot stained it - now its clean! Thanks ladies.

did the veg oil thing on our new blender , worked fantastic! thanks .

Thank you!! I thought I had ruined my brother's food processor with carrots, but it came right off with vegetable oil on a paper towel.

I used olive oil on a paper towel to get the carrot stains off of my juicer. It works. THANKS!

I prepare in advance warm soapy water with bleach in full sink and as soon as am finished immediately dismantle food processor/juicer and soak all immerseable parts--carrot stain is instantly removed--when I waited awhile before soaking even 10-15 minutes, had to scrup vigoriously with old toothbrush to remove stain which was frustrating and time consuming.

Tried canola oil and that worked too! Thanx for this great tip.

I used veggie oil and the stain was removed INSTANTLY! Thanks