Cleaning a Blender

There are thorough and quick ways to clean this useful kitchen appliance. This guide is about cleaning a blender.

November 8, 2010 Flag

I used to hate using the blender, it was so hard to clean. One day after making a milkshake, I quickly rinsed it. Next I put some warm water and a squirt of dish washing liquid in it. Turned it on for several seconds, let it suds up, then just needed to rinse it out. It's so easy to get it cleaned that way, I no longer dislike using my blender.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Good idea. I usually just take my blender apart to wash and make sure all the parts are ultra clean and it's so easy to do. ;-)

February 1, 2011 Flag

To keep food particles from getting trapped in and around the buttons on my blender, I cover them with a plastic sandwich bag and secure it with transparent tape. When the bag gets worn out, I just throw it away and replace it with another.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a nifty idea! You could also used heavy duty plastic wrap, or cut a good piece from a freezer bag that is otherwise useless.

June 1, 2014 Flag

Fill your blender halfway with water, then add a drop of dish soap and 1 tablespoon baking soda. Replace the lid and blend.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 30, 2004 Flag

Washing my blender used to be a dreaded task. Not any longer! Now, I squeeze a little dish soap and warm water in the blender and let it run until it's clean. Then rinse and let dry. By M. Day, Ohio

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 25, 2005 Flag

How can I get carrot juice stains removed from my white blender lid?

Barbara

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you. I tried the oil, letting it soak for a day. Helped a bit - but then I soaked it in 50/50 bleach water for 2 days and it is almost like new ( which it was).

I think BOTH treatments helped as one hadn't worked without the other.

Again thanks, and this is a wonderful site!

I'm impressed. I just read up on this. Didn't have any vegetable oil though so I tried Sunflower oil and it worked! I'd only used my juicer the once and the carrot stained it - now its clean! Thanks ladies.

did the veg oil thing on our new blender , worked fantastic! thanks .

Thank you!! I thought I had ruined my brother's food processor with carrots, but it came right off with vegetable oil on a paper towel.

I used olive oil on a paper towel to get the carrot stains off of my juicer. It works. THANKS!

I prepare in advance warm soapy water with bleach in full sink and as soon as am finished immediately dismantle food processor/juicer and soak all immerseable parts--carrot stain is instantly removed--when I waited awhile before soaking even 10-15 minutes, had to scrup vigoriously with old toothbrush to remove stain which was frustrating and time consuming.

Tried canola oil and that worked too! Thanx for this great tip.

I used veggie oil and the stain was removed INSTANTLY! Thanks

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJuly 30, 2013
Blender
Crushing Ice With a Blender
Ninja Blender
Ninja Blender Reviews
Woman Using a Leaky Blender
Fixing a Leaky Blender
Hand Blender
Cleaning a Hand Blender
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 12:16:25 AM on 10.0.1.229 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.