Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

My husband put a mug in the microwave and walked away. I was in the bedroom when I smelled smoked. When I came out it was on fire and the whole place was filled with smoke. I have tried cleaning it out, but it still remains black inside. Is it possible to get it white again?

By coseme from London, UK

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

Is the oven safe to use? It's probably "smoked", excuse the pun. It may be cheaper and safer to replace it. I don't think you will get the colour back to normal. You could try scrubbing it with an S.O.S. pad, but that may scratch the surface. (09/15/2009)

By quiltmum

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage