Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

How do I clean a burnt microwave?

By Celine from Dublin, Ireland

Answers:

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

If the microwave isn't literally burned up, only has the burnt-food smell, try cleaning it the usual way: that is, put a teacup of water with either dish soap or a slice of lemon, in. Heat it on high for several minutes to allow the water to boil and steam to fill the interior. Let set for a couple of minutes and scrub with a dishrag.

If it's bad, you may need a "scratch pad". The ones I use are stiff and sort of like nylon sandpaper. I guess you could also use a "scrunchy" type, but I personally wouldn't recommend steel wool. Some people prefer lemon, but I just dip a cup of my existing dishwater before I've begun washing the dishes.
Best to you. Erin Go Bragh! (11/21/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

Aha. I just learned what my scrubbie pad is called. Scotch Brite pads, the green ones. (11/21/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

I accidentally hit "potato" on my microwave when popping popcorn. Needless to say it was burned to a crisp and smoking like crazy. My fairly new microwave had a terrible odor. Then I realized candles burn up bad odors. I used the little votive candles. The first one seemed to help so I used another. I think it's working. Be sure not to turn the microwave on while the candle is in there. I even left the door cracked open a little. (12/17/2009)

By merimeri

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

I burnt some chow mein microwave noodles in my microwave really badly, plastic container and all. I used Easy Off Fume Free oven cleaner. I just sprayed it on and left for about 5 minutes then wiped clean with a sponge. Worked the best for the stains. It got a little of the smell too, but I used one part water to one part vinegar and boiled. This really helped with the smell. I'm glad I came to this site. Lots of helpful ideas. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who burns things really badly in microwaves. (01/17/2010)

By littlebpdx

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave of Burnt Popcorn

Remove residue by completely washing out microwave with dish soap and water. Open a full box of baking soda and let it sit overnight. Removes the odors just like it does when sitting the box in a fridge. (02/05/2010)

By conneeconehead

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄