Cleaning a Fabric Purse

Keeping your favorite purses useful requires keeping them clean. This guide is about cleaning a fabric purse.

Photo of a yellow fabric purse.
Filter Sort

Question: Cleaning Soiled Leather & Fabric Purse

By barb 1

Help-I need advice on how to clean a leather and fabric Coach purse that is soiled. Specifically, it is the Ladybug Coach purse. The outside has lime green/beige Coach fabric w/scattered faux diamonds and patent leather ladybug embellishments, and is trimmed with a caramel colored leather handle and purse bottom. Both the leather and fabric are moderately soiled. The inside is bright lime green w/zipper and lime green leather embellishment and is lightly soiled. Any cleaning advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barb from Napa, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I need help on removing wine stain from a new Coach Madison leather bag.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Fabric Purse

I need to clean of the bottom of my fabric bag. It got soiled from being put on the floor. Hope you could help. Thank you.

Donna

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

Do you have any of the fabric? If so, I would wash the purse, cover the bottom with some of the fabric then cover it with scotchguard.

If you don't have any of the fabric, then you might want to cover it with some vinyl and that might protect it. You can either hand sew the fabric to the bottom, as most people wouldn't be able to see the stitches, or perhaps seam rip the bottom off, replace the fabric using the size of the piece as a template. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Fabric Purse

How do I clean Downe and Browne handbag with a leather strap

By J.MK

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Kathi 2 7 Flag

I sell on eBay and use Shoe Magik which I buy at the County Fair or online if I run out. It works great and doesn't fade the fabric as much as other cleaners do.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a White Fabric Relic Bag

I bought a white coloured cotton Relic bag sometime last year. The colour does not seem to be as attractive as it was when I first bought it. Now it looks dirty. Please what am I to do to have it cleansed and its colour restored to how it was when I first bought it? The hand of the bag is leather, but the other parts are cotton white. Please how do I cater to it?

By Cesca

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricDecember 31, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 10:03:06 AM on 10.0.1.130 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings