Cleaning a Fabric Purse

Category Fabric
Photo of a yellow fabric purse.
Keeping your favorite purses useful requires keeping them clean. This guide is about cleaning a fabric purse.

Help-I need advice on how to clean a leather and fabric Coach purse that is soiled. Specifically, it is the Ladybug Coach purse. The outside has lime green/beige Coach fabric w/scattered faux diamonds and patent leather ladybug embellishments, and is trimmed with a caramel colored leather handle and purse bottom. Both the leather and fabric are moderately soiled. The inside is bright lime green w/zipper and lime green leather embellishment and is lightly soiled. Any cleaning advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barb from Napa, CA

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Pls. help have leather coach, not purse! Need help with cleaning, very stained and discolored by sun. Can you offer any advice? Greatly appreciated. thanks!

Try Lovin My Bags products. You can google them. They have cleaning products for leather, some information about how to clean leather...but best of all, if all else fails, they restore leather handbags.

I need help on how to clean a leather chair that has spilled milk all over it. What do I do?

Editor's Note: First wipe it all up with a clean cloth. Then with a damp cloth or sponge, wipe it off again to get any sticky stuff up. Then dry it really well.

Please rescue me! I need some advice on what products are good to use to clean my Coach purse with.

Thanks

I have a coach purse that is soiled. Help! What can I use to clean it with?

There is a little lipstick on my coach bag (on the fabric part, not leather)...can you help me? I heard that hairspray will take stains out, with a light brushing, but will that harm my bag?

Thanks

I have a multi colored coach bag and just needs to be cleaned for dirt and the same with my wallet. What would you suggest?

Can I take my coach purse to the dry cleaners?

I have a older Dooney and Burke purse, it is a satchel purse and i have stains of dirt on the inside on the purse right at the top. On entry so to speak. From my hands I assume. Gee I had no idea my hands were so dirty! I have like the red color has run on the outside of the purse. It is almost a fabric and i have actually used a home dry cleaning kit and my dryer to get this a little cleaner . It didn't do to much. Do I need to spend a lot of money to have it dry cleaned pro way? Thanks for your help deb debbieannawadsworth AT gmail.Com

Oh, I'm so happy to find this site! I JUST got my first Dooney and Bourke for Christmas and accidently got a pen mark on it. I dried a little bit of dawn on a wet paper towel, and it came right out! Thank you so much!

I need help on removing wine stain from a new Coach Madison leather bag.

I need to clean of the bottom of my fabric bag. It got soiled from being put on the floor. Hope you could help. Thank you.

Donna

I don't know the type of fabric your purse is made from, but mine is a brocade silk material and I wash it in the washing machine on warm water setting and cold rinse cycle and do not put in a clothes dryer. It hasn't shrunk and it has vinyl straps.

Do you have any of the fabric? If so, I would wash the purse, cover the bottom with some of the fabric then cover it with scotchguard.

If you don't have any of the fabric, then you might want to cover it with some vinyl and that might protect it. You can either hand sew the fabric to the bottom, as most people wouldn't be able to see the stitches, or perhaps seam rip the bottom off, replace the fabric using the size of the piece as a template. Good luck!

How do I clean Downe and Browne handbag with a leather strap

By J.MK

I sell on eBay and use Shoe Magik which I buy at the County Fair or online if I run out. It works great and doesn't fade the fabric as much as other cleaners do.

I bought a white coloured cotton Relic bag sometime last year. The colour does not seem to be as attractive as it was when I first bought it. Now it looks dirty. Please what am I to do to have it cleansed and its colour restored to how it was when I first bought it? The hand of the bag is leather, but the other parts are cotton white. Please how do I cater to it?

By Cesca