Browsing: Cleaning a Fabric Purse

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning a Fabric Purse

Keeping your favorite purses useful requires keeping them clean. This guide is about cleaning a fabric purse.

Photo of a yellow fabric purse.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 3, 2005 Flag

Help-I need advice on how to clean a leather and fabric Coach purse that is soiled. Specifically, it is the Ladybug Coach purse. The outside has lime green/beige Coach fabric w/scattered faux diamonds and patent leather ladybug embellishments, and is trimmed with a caramel colored leather handle and purse bottom. Both the leather and fabric are moderately soiled. The inside is bright lime green w/zipper and lime green leather embellishment and is lightly soiled. Any cleaning advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barb from Napa, CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can I take my coach purse to the dry cleaners?

I have a older Dooney and Burke purse, it is a satchel purse and i have stains of dirt on the inside on the purse right at the top. On entry so to speak. From my hands I assume. Gee I had no idea my hands were so dirty! I have like the red color has run on the outside of the purse. It is almost a fabric and i have actually used a home dry cleaning kit and my dryer to get this a little cleaner . It didn't do to much. Do I need to spend a lot of money to have it dry cleaned pro way? Thanks for your help deb debbieannawadsworth AT gmail.Com

Oh, I'm so happy to find this site! I JUST got my first Dooney and Bourke for Christmas and accidently got a pen mark on it. I dried a little bit of dawn on a wet paper towel, and it came right out! Thank you so much!

I need help on removing wine stain from a new Coach Madison leather bag.

Read More Answers...

September 9, 2009 Flag

I need to clean of the bottom of my fabric bag. It got soiled from being put on the floor. Hope you could help. Thank you.

Donna

I don't know the type of fabric your purse is made from, but mine is a brocade silk material and I wash it in the washing machine on warm water setting and cold rinse cycle and do not put in a clothes dryer. It hasn't shrunk and it has vinyl straps.

Do you have any of the fabric? If so, I would wash the purse, cover the bottom with some of the fabric then cover it with scotchguard.

If you don't have any of the fabric, then you might want to cover it with some vinyl and that might protect it. You can either hand sew the fabric to the bottom, as most people wouldn't be able to see the stitches, or perhaps seam rip the bottom off, replace the fabric using the size of the piece as a template. Good luck!

January 26, 2012 Flag

How do I clean Downe and Browne handbag with a leather strap

By J.MK

I sell on eBay and use Shoe Magik which I buy at the County Fair or online if I run out. It works great and doesn't fade the fabric as much as other cleaners do.

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricDecember 31, 2012
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 8:16:41 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.