Cleaning a Shower Curtain

Place vinyl shower curtain in washing machine with two large towels, add regular detergent. At the beginning of rinse cycle add 1 cup white vinegar. When cycle is finished, hang to dry. Your shower curtain will come out like new!

By Marilyn from Colfax, LA

Answers:

Cleaning a Shower Curtain

If you clean it it the bathtub you can use a long handled back brush. The bristles are soft enough not to damage it in the hot water but will remove all gunk from the curtain. I also use a back brush for wicker furniture. (01/10/2008)

By MartyD

Cleaning a Shower Curtain

I clean my plastic shower curtain in the washer on hot with bleach, plus a few old towels or rags that can be bleached. They add "scrubbing" action. I run it through the whole cycle, spin and all. In the summer I hang it outside to dry but if it's too cold I run it in the dryer on No Heat just to get some of the water off. Thanks for the tip Tracy about leaving the rings on! I too have a spring-action rod and can slide the curtain off - never thought to leave the rings on! Simple yet brilliant! (01/10/2008)

By Christine

Cleaning a Shower Curtain

I used to wash my vinyl shower curtain until it would eventually rip and then I'd replace it. Then I wondered why I just didn't buy one of those fabric shower curtain liners that I could wash for years before it fell apart. Less plastic in the landfills! (01/11/2008)

By Lynn Beth

Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Shower Curtain
Repairing a Shower Curtain
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄