Cleaning an Upholstered Couch

I am needing to clean a couch, not sure of the fabric type, it might be a blend. I am just trying to find a way to get some of the grime out. The couch is a light gray color. The stain appears to just be from regular wear and tear on the couch.

By James from Kansas City, MO

Answers:

Cleaning an Upholstered Couch

Some people use upholstery cleaner for cars. It does a great job on the fabric recliners we have. And it's easy to use. Try it! Good luck. (03/22/2010)

By kffrmw88

Cleaning an Upholstered Couch

I have posted this tip before, probably several years ago, but I will post it again. What I have always done with great success is this. Dissolve about 1/2 cup powdered Tide detergent in a deep bowl with about 2 quarts of hot water. Use your electric mixer to beat it up into lots of thick, dry suds.

Take a large thick washcloth or hand towel and get it wet in the soapy water, but wring it out as dry as you can get it. Then scoop up some of the "suds only" on the washcloth and and rub and scrub the soiled upholstery parts. Take a separate handtowel and wet it in a bucket of plain clean water. Wring it out as dry as you can get it and wipe and scrub the area of upholstery you just scrubbed with the suds. I usually needed to rinse out the towel and go over the area again. You can repeat the process, but do not get the upholstery wet. Damp is okay, soaking wet is not.

Let the upholstery dry for a day or so. If you want to you can run your vacuum over the sofa after it is dry. You won't have any stinky chemical smell in your upholstery. If there is any scent at all it will smell like clean laundry! (03/22/2010)

By Grandma Margie

Cleaning an Upholstered Couch

What about carpet shampoo? Most carpets are a mixed blend as well. (03/25/2010)

By cett

Cleaning an Upholstered Couch

A steam cleaner with appropriate cleanser for the fabric :-) (03/25/2010)

By Deeli

Cleaning an Upholstered Couch
Upholstered arm chair.
Cleaning Upholstered Furniture
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Fabric Couch
Repairing a Broken Arm on a Fabric Couch
🎉
🎄