Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Daughter painting her mother's nails on the sofa.I left some nail polish out with the lid on, but some kids found it and started painting lessons on the couch! To save myself from an eternity without nail polish, I came on this site. My sister and I used nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, and toothpaste! It worked! It took a loooong time of scrubbing and cotton balls but when you use them all, it works. Just remember to wash off all the toothpaste or it is sticky.

Good luck :)

I believe it is cotton. I tried nail polish remover, and although it did not remove the color on the fabric butit didn't remove the nail polish either. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Katrina from Liverpool, PA

Answers

By Jessica (Guest Post)

Wow my dads gonna be home any minute and I don't have any of that stuff and I'm gonna get in trouble and my dog spilt my hot pink finger nail polish and I'm gonna get in so much trouble PLEASE HELP ME

By haley (Guest Post)

My friend and I were painting nails, and the brush slipped out of her hand. It got on the floor and on the couch. We got it off the floor with spot shot, and now we cant find a way to remove. Please help before my mom wakes up

p.s. Please I really am not looking forward to getting in trouble because my dad is coming home tomorrow. If she is mad she will tell everyone and my dad will be really, really mad, and then he will get grumpy. Please help me quick!

By Londyn (Guest Post)

HELP! I am going to be dead if I do not get the bright red nail polish out of my couch. I was painting my nails and I did not realize that the cap was still on the nail polish bottle, and well when I picked up the bottle and well to make the story short it got all over a picture frame, 1/3 of the couch, and the pillow that went with the couch. BRIGHT RED! Can you say dead meat? I immediatly went to this website and got the idea to use nail polish remover WITH acetone, and that did not work, so then I used Windex, and just my luck it did not work, so then I tried OFF, and of course that did not work.

I tried just using warm water and soap and that did not work either. I am afraid to use vaseline because it might damage the couch even more and have an oily base. PLEASE GIVE ME AN IDEA THAT WORKS!

By colli and anader (Guest Post)

Yikes, me and my friend were doing nail polish and it exploded! now we cant get it off we used windex, hairspray, grease remover, water, tooth paste, and nail polish remover. Of course it didn't work. Please we really need to get it out! Please tell me how!

By Amanda (Guest Post)

I just used Spic N Span and it worked! I'm so Brilliant, and thank god, because my parents are going to be here in a little bit.

By Julie (Guest Post)

Just have to say thank you to all of you! My seven yr old just got hot pink nail polish all over my sofa. I am so upset and angry, but reading all your emails made me laugh--we're not alone with this!

By duetches (Guest Post)

It works to use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol!

By christna (Guest Post)

My little girl 2 covered my couch with purple nail polish. I have tried everything you all have said. It wont come out. What should I do? My husband will kill me. It's so bad, I have tried it all.

When we bought it, they said everything would come out with soap and water. It hasn't. It's a micro fiber couch, help, please.

By nicole. (Guest Post)

omg! I just split nail polish on my brand new hot pink bed spread, and my mom will kill me because it cost 300 dollars. I tried acetone but it didn't work! Any other ideas?

By Sarah Melissa (Guest Post)

I spilled hot pink polish on my couch, and I got really scared! I knew I was going to get in trouble, so I had to think fast. I tried stain remover, hot water, alcohol, and a lot of other stuff. BUt none of them worked. Then I tried acetone, or finger nail polish remover.

The stains came RIGHT OUT! But then, the acetone cause holes on my couch. " I had to sew them up. So if you have a couch that has delicate material, don't use the acetone. IT BURNS THROUGH YOUR FABRIC and puts holes in it!

By Janet (Guest Post)

I just spilled RED polish on my couch and came to this site and seen the only suggestion that I hadn't tried which was alcohol. I tried it, it took a little scrubbing and it worked. It looked as though it may have just lightened it up but as it dried, the polish vanished with the alcohol. This is on a brown couch so not sure how it will work with anything lighter but sure worth a try. Good luck to all those spills!

How do I get dry nail polish off my cloth couch? It's been there a few months as my 3 year old tried painting her nails.

Any suggestions would help? Wanting to sell my couch and can't with nail polish on it.

How can I get nail polish off of my microfiber couch?

By kayleigh

I was doing my nails on the couch when no one was home. I had to go use the ladies room, when I came back I completely forgot the nail polish was on the couch with no lid on so I accidentally knocked it over as I sat down! The couch is a light brown micro. Please help me. Any good advice is fine, as long as it works.

By Leilani

We have a nail varnish stain on our Channile armchair that has dried. Does anyone have an idea how to remove it?

Answers

By (Guest Post)

If chair is too heavy for you to move, ask a friend to help,

Skip

very helpful! I did mean remove the stain.

Answer this Question

My kid was painting her nails in the living room and got some polish on the couch. The couch is black and the nail polish is pink. Please help. I don't know what to do and I don't want to make it any worse.

By Kelly from Virginia Beach, VA

How do I remove a nail strengthener (a form of nail polish) from a fabric chair?

By Anne Morrissey from Portsmouth, NH

Answer this Question

My two year old spilled a whole bottle of purple-ish fingernail polish on my new suede couch. The tag on the couch says to use water based cleaners to clean it. The couch is a blue/gray color. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! PLEASE HELP!

Ashley from Arkansas

Answers

Try using a soft old toothbrush and aceton. dip the tooth brush in aceton and in circular motion do a little at a time be sure to rinse the brush out often.

Answer this Question

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Do should I get fingernail polish out of a micro fiber couch?

I spilled red fingernail polish on a beige fabric couch. The couch is not microsuede, but it is a type of micro fiber. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

How do I remove nail polish from a microfiber couch?

How do I get nail polish out of a new red micro-fiber couch?

Load More

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 29, 2012
👔
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf930534.tip.html