Cleaning the Stove Hood

How do you get grease off the underside of a range hood where it steams up from pots? You can't soak it!

By Deanna B

Answers:

Cleaning the Stove Hood

I just use something like 409 or even wring out a rag in hot water and put a squirt of dishwashing soap on it, then rinse and wipe dry. (08/31/2010)

By redhatterb

Cleaning the Stove Hood

If you can handle the smell, use straight ammonia. (09/02/2010)

By Laniegirl

Cleaning the Stove Hood

There are 2 cleaning supplies that I use on grease. One is straight Dawn. I rub it in and then rinse off. The other is the LA Totally Awesome. I buy it at Dollar General or Family dollar. It can be used on mirrors or to get oil stains off the driveway. Be sure to use it according to the instructions. Also no fumes! (09/03/2010)

By michele_kris

Cleaning the Stove Hood

The best thing I've found for cleaning grease is a product called Greased Lightning. It can be found at WalMart and Home Depot. I soaked the stove filter above my son's stove in Greased Lightning. It hadn't been cleaned in 3 or 4 years. It was brown all over and I thought it couldn't hurt to try it before going out and buying another one. It worked like a charm! I just put it in the sink and poured two cups of Greased Lightning in the hot water and let it sit for about 30 minutes. The grease just rinsed right out after that! I buy the gallon size so I never run out. (09/04/2010)

By sjackie2000

Cleaning the Stove Hood

Wet fabric softener sheets and give it a a moment to set in and the grease slides right off. Amazing. (09/14/2010)

By sufigirl