Cleaning the Stove Hood

Are you looking for a way to easily clean your range hood without the drippy mess? All you have to do is reach for the hand cleaner used to clean hands after working on vehicles. Simply wipe all over range hood, then wipe off with wet cloth. Take the screen and work into crevices with a brush and rinse off. No effort, no messy drips.

By Kim from Golden Valley, AZ

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Great idea! Can't wait to try it. I'm sure it will work!! Why didn't I ever think of this? :-)

We need to try this too, there must be 50 years of buildup on ours by now!

I am going to try this one for sure. Thanks for sharing! Also going to try in on the tile wall behind the stove.

Use liquid furniture polish to clean the range hood. It won't harm the finish and it leaves a nice shine.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

How do you get grease off the underside of a range hood where it steams up from pots? You can't soak it!

By Deanna B

Answers:

Cleaning the Stove Hood

I just use something like 409 or even wring out a rag in hot water and put a squirt of dishwashing soap on it, then rinse and wipe dry. (08/31/2010)

By Joan

Cleaning the Stove Hood

If you can handle the smell, use straight ammonia. (09/02/2010)

By Elaine

Cleaning the Stove Hood

There are 2 cleaning supplies that I use on grease. One is straight Dawn. I rub it in and then rinse off. The other is the LA Totally Awesome. I buy it at Dollar General or Family dollar. It can be used on mirrors or to get oil stains off the driveway. Be sure to use it according to the instructions. Also no fumes! (09/03/2010)

By michele

Cleaning the Stove Hood

The best thing I've found for cleaning grease is a product called Greased Lightning. It can be found at WalMart and Home Depot. I soaked the stove filter above my son's stove in Greased Lightning. It hadn't been cleaned in 3 or 4 years. It was brown all over and I thought it couldn't hurt to try it before going out and buying another one. It worked like a charm! I just put it in the sink and poured two cups of Greased Lightning in the hot water and let it sit for about 30 minutes. The grease just rinsed right out after that! I buy the gallon size so I never run out. (09/04/2010)

By Jackolyn Smith

Cleaning the Stove Hood

Wet fabric softener sheets and give it a a moment to set in and the grease slides right off. Amazing. (09/14/2010)

By sufigirl

How do I clean the vent hood over my kitchen stove without stripping the paint?

By Mechele from CA

Answers:

Cleaning the Stove Hood

I'll have to try the WD40, but ammonia works great. It stinks, but does a great job. Years of apartment cleaning. Do renters ever clean their range hoods? You can dilute the ammonia with water. Wear gloves. (07/13/2010)

By Zoek

Cleaning the Stove Hood

I first wet it down with very hot water and then use 409. It works for me every time (07/14/2010)

By ms. carmen

Cleaning the Stove Hood

Oops. Check a small area first to make sure about the paint. (07/14/2010)

By ms. carmen

I have one of these range hoods that stick out over my stove. It is constantly greasy. What do you all use to clean the top of the range hood?

Greasy, glunky mess on your stove hood that you can't remove? Spray with WD-40 and wipe with a clean soft cloth. Don't understand why this works, but it sure does.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJanuary 31, 2011
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf877103.tip.html