Cleaning Under the Stovetop Hood

I am going to be perfectly honest here! I clean like crazy, even have a cleaning lady twice a week. I can say honestly that I don't think to go under that hood over the stovetop and do a real cleaning. I thought, what happens when you have something boiling and steam drips? It falls into your pot!

Yuck.Yes, it does!

I decided to clean up under the hood today. I was disgusted! My oven is only 2 1/2 years old. And it wasn't difficult at all to clean. I used Softcrub, a thin scrub pad and went over everything, then wiped it down with paper towels. Then I used Windex with paper towels! It was shining! It took about 10 minutes! Just one of those hidden secret hiding spots we all forget about! I'm guilty!

(Just a note, I only have a cleaning lady because I am disabled.)

Nice reminder! But I hope you rinsed the surfaces very well. Having the toxic chemicals from those cleaning products drip into your food might be worse than steam drips from the ghosts of meals past!

:-)

*Good One* Yes, I did think of that, and made sure I got all the surface free of all chemicals and soap with warm water and clean paper towels! Great question though!! Thank you! That will I am sure ease others worries!

I was thinking the same thing. Homemade or Nontoxic cleaners would probably be best.

Very true! I do use around my kitchen, non toxic"Young Living" Essential oils cleansers. Completely toxic free. You can put it on your tongue and not get sick. My house smells wonderful, and it cleans beautifully! Great idea, thank you!

You can make your own all natural soft scrub. All you need is baking soda, Castile liquid soap (or your favorite dish soap), water, plastic squeeze bottle, chopsticks and a funnel.

Add 1 cup baking soda to the bottle, then add 2 tablespoons liquid soap. Slowly add 1/4 cup water and mix with the chopstick until it resembles a gritty glue consistency, add more water if needed. Put the cap on the bottle and it is ready to use.

Great idea!! I love it! I have used baking soda as a grit cleanser before! Thanks for adding to the good cleaning ideas! I am sure all together, we could write and publish our own helpful cleaning hints best seller! *Right?*

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJanuary 21, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-02-02 21:06:12 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

KitchenCleaning