Coconut Water for UTI

Vote for this contest contender!

I have been suffering a urinary tract infection (UTI) for four days. My aunt who frequently suffers the same suggested that I should drink coconut water, or what we call fresh buko juice. The water is taken from the inside of a young coconut or "buko" (in our dialect).

A single young coconut would sometimes yield 1 liter or more of water. Good enough for a day's coconut water therapy. Just this morning I took one glass and the four days of agonizing pain down there every time I take a pee had slowly faded. Imagine, four days of pain due to UTI had slowly went away in just one glass of coconut water. I can still feel a very little bit of burning sensation but maybe one more glass would totally take it away.

Coconut water is a natural diuretic and has the ability to flush out the bacteria in the urinary tract. It is also known as a remedy for bladder infections and kidney stones.

Based on personal experience, the remedy is effective. I'm feeling even better now and don't have to go to the toilet every minute.

Source: Health Benefits of Coconut Water via CHI BLOG

Link: http://www.chilondon.com/blog/health-benefits-of-coconut-water/

I hope you are feeling better.

Thank you for posting on something that a lot of people suffer from (especially women) but usually tend to shy away from the subject.