Collecting Freebies for Gifts

Category Tips
There are many opportunities available for collecting freebies or promotional gifts throughout the year. These items can be used as small gifts or grouped together to make gift baskets and other gift packages. This is a guide about collecting freebies for gifts.

I belong to several companies' rewards programs and often am eligible for freebies. Sometimes I don't need or want the free items, so I donate them. My family eats a lot of Special K cereal and I have received 6 bottles of Opi nail polish through the Kellogg's Family Rewards program. I am planning to include these with my holiday donation to a local charity for disadvantaged kids.

Don't forget the local animal shelter. I won a coupon for a FREE 40 lb bag of dog food; but, I only have cats. I redeemed the coupon and took the bag to the local animal shelter. If it's free and you cannot use it - donate it to someone who can.

I know lots of people don't have the money for gifts this time of year. What I do is subscribe to several freebies newsletters. You can get a lot of goodies for free from companies. Another thing I do is go to company websites, and look for promotions. You can get a lot of goodies for free there too.

Sometimes you may have to send proof of purchases for some things. I look all year long, and put things back all year so that when Christmas comes, my five little ones get lots of goodies.

For adults, you could take a basket (I always seem to have several from gifts or flowers) as I receive free samples of things like shampoos and lotions, I put them in the basket, when I'm ready to give it, I just add a nice tea candle and a matching ribbon.

Using this method, my daughter is receiving a Little Mermaid blanket and Princess CD (Thanks to Kelloggs promotions) and my oldest kids are all getting Talking Alarm Clocks (Thanks to Poptarts promotions).

can you please tell me how you got the free talking alaram clock from poptarts promations

i went on to their site signed up but i did not find any info for this thank you

patg

Little advertising freebies make good little gifts. I rounded out a birthday gift bag with some dream cards I got from a drug company and gave another set to some teenagers who helped me carry my groceries up the stairs!

Some advertising freebies (like hats, t-shirts, jackets) have embroidered logos on them that can be carefully removed by hand. My Mom got some denim shirts that had advertising on them, that she didn't want to have on it. With a pair of sharp nosed scissors & a seam ripper, she made very good time on it & the logos were removed in a short time! No one ever knew where she'd gotten them from or knew that she didn't pay good money for them!