Finding Freebies

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 255 Posts

Please don't take free items just because you are too cheap. As a result, items that had been free we now have to pay for. Here are just a few examples.

When you go to McDonalds, you are only supposed to take the ketchup and napkins that you need for that meal. Not enough to take home to last for the next month. Our McDonalds now gives 2 ketchup per person for free. Beyond that you have to buy them, even if you need more for that meal.

Our local hardware and paint store now charges for paint sample chips, stirrers and paint can openers. The reason is people were taking all the paint chips to use for crafts, stirrers to use for other projects and same with the paint can openers. Used to be if you bought a can of paint, those items were free.

Last week, I watched a lady at the bank take the bowl of suckers meant for kids, and dump the contents into her purse. I used to own my own store, and people would take the toilet paper out of the restrooms for home use. All this does is raise the prices for others. And, it's rude.

More Solutions

My best frugal tip is to order as many freebies you can get. I visit free sample sites and get make-up, shampoo/conditioner, lotions/perfumes...

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 449 Posts

Christmas is coming and supermarkets are now open with cheaper items and more freebies. Some brands would drop down their prices and sometimes items would come out with bags, mugs or anything for free.

An Eden cheesekeeper and grater that came free with purchase.

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts

Most of the large supermarket chains offer free full-size items every week. They work via mobile phone app or mailing list. Just sign up and they'll notify you when something free is available for pickup.

You usually have 2 to 3 weeks to get it, so it's pretty convenient.

Free products from the supermarket next to a smartphone.

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh

Several websites gather all the free samples, coupons, and great offers. A few have a hidden agenda that makes their operation look a bit shady, but others are legitimate sites that are harmless free fun.

Sample size toiletry containers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 519 Posts

It's almost time for fairs again. When you go, be sure to look out for freebies like pencils/pens/keychains/note pads/post-its/sun visors and the like!

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 233 Feedbacks

Lately I have been frequenting hospitals with my youngest (he has epilepsy, and has done a lot of tests!) Besides making a binder up for all his medical information (in case I need to repeat incidents/dosages of meds), I have seen how much hospitals DISPOSE of things like plastic washing tubs, medical equipment (scalpels, arm wraps, med dosage) and food...

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts

Freebies from Hotels, Restaurants, Etc. Save freebies that you get at hotels/motels, like soaps and shampoos, etc. Also save condiment packages that you get at restaurants. . .

There are many people relying on us for a review of a product. I am very pleased to bring good reviews to those who want them. I love reading reviews that will save me money as well.

Sample of Haircare and Beauty Products

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts

If you are a frequent shopper of the grocery store Vons, every Tuesday you can check Von's Facebook page for the WORD OF THE DAY. You will find the freebie in the store, tell the cashier at check out - the word of the day and the item is free.

A bottle of Acqua Panna water.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Amazing Savings just opened near me. To celebrate, they gave out umbrellas. You did not have to buy anything. This was not advertised, but I have had similar experiences in other stores, so I went just to see.

Who cannot use an umbrella?

An umbrella given away at a store's grand opening.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

14 Questions

I am really into finding samples. I know the usual sites: WalMart, Freebies 4 Mom, FreeGrabber and some Yahoo groups. I am looking for some other really great freebie sites. I am looking for ones that are easy to use and offer great freebies. Any suggestions?

Sarah from Statesville, NC

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 519 Posts

The best ones I have found are: mmommysavesbig.com and freestufftimes.com - both recommended by a thrifty funner - I also go to twistedbranches.com - freakyfreddies.com and topsavings.com - but the first 2 seem to be the best and most current.

My favorite is Gottadeal.com and startsampling.com they have good samples and sweepstakes posted all the time.

Load More
Consumer Advice FreebiesJuly 29, 2013
👔
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Freebies.html