Finding Freebies

Category Freebies
There are many ways to collect freebies, whether from a website, hotel, manufacturer, or event. This is a guide about finding freebies.

Please don't take free items just because you are too cheap. As a result, items that had been free we now have to pay for. Here are just a few examples.

When you go to McDonalds, you are only supposed to take the ketchup and napkins that you need for that meal. Not enough to take home to last for the next month. Our McDonalds now gives 2 ketchup per person for free. Beyond that you have to buy them, even if you need more for that meal.

Our local hardware and paint store now charges for paint sample chips, stirrers and paint can openers. The reason is people were taking all the paint chips to use for crafts, stirrers to use for other projects and same with the paint can openers. Used to be if you bought a can of paint, those items were free.

Last week, I watched a lady at the bank take the bowl of suckers meant for kids, and dump the contents into her purse. I used to own my own store, and people would take the toilet paper out of the restrooms for home use. All this does is raise the prices for others. And, it's rude.

My best frugal tip is to order as many freebies you can get. I visit free sample sites and get make-up, shampoo/conditioner, lotions/perfumes, tons of tea samples, feminine hygiene, baby products, etc. I have even received free full size samples with coupons for money off and free offers. This helps me save on not having to buy items at the store.

By Rebecca

By Jamie (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I TOTALLY agree! I have received all sorts of things! You can use the trial sizes on trips, or another great idea is to get a cute basket at a thrift store and decorate it up for various occasions, and give as gifts!!

Top Comment

Another great way to get freebies is to have home parties. Some people don't like to host them, but goodness it is WELL WORTH it.

Top Comment

I tried this and found the hassle and time spent not worth the outcome. I don't see how this beats Costco? I am a very hygiene concerned person. I think consistency and top results are worth something.

Top Comment

I tried several free sites and coupon sites and gave up when I was asked to give out so much information. And I'm afraid of getting way too much spam. I also don't like the idea of giving out my mailing address to get free stuff. Those places sell you information.

Top Comment

Many of the expensive cosmetic counters will give you samples of a product if you ask. It's not something you can do regularly (unless you live somewhere with a lot of shopping malls, lol) but for things you might not use a lot it's handy.

Samples of eye shadow and facial cream can go a long way if used sparingly. Plus if you do decide to splash out on a product you know it's been tested first. I've bought more than one lipstick or foundation shade that looked great in the store only to find out that it didn't work so well at home.

Christmas is coming and supermarkets are now open with cheaper items and more freebies. Some brands would drop down their prices and sometimes items would come out with bags, mugs or anything for free.

Here's one of the products I bought from the grocery a month ago. A cheese that comes with a cheese keeper and grater, which is indeed very useful. There were three colors available and so far I have collected two of them. It's good to purchase products that comes with something useful with it but never forget to always check the label, especially the expiry date.

Most of the large supermarket chains offer free full-size items every week. They work via mobile phone app or mailing list. Just sign up and they'll notify you when something free is available for pickup.

You usually have 2 to 3 weeks to get it, so it's pretty convenient.

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh1 found this helpful

Several websites gather all the free samples, coupons, and great offers. A few have a hidden agenda that makes their operation look a bit shady, but others are legitimate sites that are harmless free fun.

It's almost time for fairs again. When you go, be sure to look out for freebies like pencils/pens/keychains/note pads/post-its/sun visors and the like!

Lately I have been frequenting hospitals with my youngest (he has epilepsy, and has done a lot of tests!) Besides making a binder up for all his medical information (in case I need to repeat incidents/dosages of meds), I have seen how much hospitals DISPOSE of things like plastic washing tubs, medical equipment (scalpels, arm wraps, med dosage) and food...

Freebies from Hotels, Restaurants, Etc. Save freebies that you get at hotels/motels, like soaps and shampoos, etc. Also save condiment packages that you get at restaurants. . .

There are many people relying on us for a review of a product. I am very pleased to bring good reviews to those who want them. I love reading reviews that will save me money as well.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Amazing Savings just opened near me. To celebrate, they gave out umbrellas. You did not have to buy anything. This was not advertised, but I have had similar experiences in other stores, so I went just to see.

Who cannot use an umbrella?

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about good freebie websites. Some consumers enjoy scouring the internet to find sites that offer free products.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am really into finding samples. I know the usual sites: WalMart, Freebies 4 Mom, FreeGrabber and some Yahoo groups. I am looking for some other really great freebie sites. I am looking for ones that are easy to use and offer great freebies. Any suggestions?

Sarah from Statesville, NC

Answers

The best ones I have found are: mmommysavesbig.com and freestufftimes.com - both recommended by a thrifty funner - I also go to twistedbranches.com - freakyfreddies.com and topsavings.com - but the first 2 seem to be the best and most current.

My favorite is Gottadeal.com and startsampling.com they have good samples and sweepstakes posted all the time.

I also suggest startsampling.com
Go to their forums page at top and you will spend ALL DAY going through all that is posted there. I have been a member for many years.

I also suggest startsampling.com

If you are an early riser, justfreestuff.com usually has good freebies and he puts out the list early in the day so the freebies are usually still available. I've also use totallyfreestuff, startsampling and freebiecat.

Where are the best freebies?

Misty from Chesapeake, VA

Answers

I like this site----it changes all the time!!
www.dailyfreebies.com

Just visit the freebie forum and see what is out there---you can leave a post, which helps others know if its worth checking out or not.

By stacie (Guest Post)

I love this site
http://www.freeb-forums.com

By (Guest Post)

I like Freaky Freddie's - it's well organized - (After a while you will see that the freebies are the same on the different sites....)

You can find free samples at www.walmart.com. Offers change frequently & there are no strings attached.

By momof2c_k93 (Guest Post)

I really love this website. They have tons of stuff. Be sure to click on the freebies and coupons links.

www.savingsmania.com

Here's a few I subscribe to"

www.myfree.com
www.justfreestuff.com
www.killerfreebies.com

Although its not technically a freebie site, I always check www.couponcabin.com before buying anything online. www.couponmountain.com is good too.

my favorite site is www.fatwallet.com You can also shop thru them and get cash back

By rhondette3 (Guest Post)

http://freebiefix.com/

Try Angela's Freebies n More on Yahoo Groups. Freebies are sorted out and only real free samples, and promos are listed. No do an offer or anything that will cost you in the long run. Check it out!!
http://finance.  AngelasFreebies/