Containing Messy Kids

Messy Kids
Little people can get very involved in their play, and get their toys spread all over the place. This is a guide about containing messy kids.

I'm a grandma of 4 now, but when my own 2 children were growing up, I had an apartment that had carpeting in the dining room area. Eating time was messy on the carpet from 2 toddlers learning to eat "neatly."

So, I came up with a way to help save on cleaning that carpet so often: I bought a child's molded plastic wading pool, then I set their little "kid size" table and chairs in it. They loved that they were sitting at their own table in their own wading pool!

Cleanup was a cinch! They even pitched in on that occasionally with their little set of broom, dust pan, and mop. It made them feel "grown up."

By Ruthie from Franklin, IN

My daughter has two four years old boys. One was born in January and the other in April. These two can find more stuff to get into. One day she was on the computer and thought all the children were playing quietly. One of the other children came and told her that the boys were throwing eggs in the kitchen. They had gotten into the eggs and threw four dozen of them all over the place. One was found the next day not cracked.

They had eggs all over them and under the stoves and on the cabinets. That was the day they were going to see the movie "Cars" but they didn't get to go. It is funny now but at that time it wasn't.

By Pat from Bayard