Controlling Fleas in the House

I need help getting rid of fleas in the house, also in the bed. I have washed all of the sheets and blankets.

Thanks.

Margo from Canal Fulton, OH

Answers:

Controlling Fleas in the House

We had a similar problem when our cat got out side. I sprinkled Borax, Boric acid washing detergent, (I got it at Walmart, pretty cheap), all over our couch and carpet waited about 30 minutes then I vacuumed it all up, no more fleas. Hope this helps. (02/25/2007)

By Designersheets

Controlling Fleas in the House

Years ago I had a dog that brought fleas into the living room carpet. We used a product specifically formulated to kill fleas; it had a residual component in its formula that continued to work for about one week. In addition, we vacuumed three times a day for about 2 weeks. This may seem like overkill, but it is not. Fleas lay eggs that can remain dormant for a very l time, and vibration can cause the eggs to hatch. We followed this procedure and the fleas did not return. Hope this helps.

Kathy
(02/27/2007)

By yeblad