Covering a Tabletop With Pennies

An attractive finish to a table can be these coins. This guide is about covering a tabletop with pennies.

March 24, 2013 Flag

I had an old wood table that I was embarrassed about as the top was cracked. Most old side tables, stands, end tables get most of the wear and tear on the flat surfaces.

I cleaned the table, filled the crack with Elmer's Wood Glue and let it dry thoroughly. The next step was to gather up all the pennies I had and I also picked up a few rolls at the bank. I did not use any particular order, no all heads up or tails, just random. I painted the top of the table with a clear glue, I added the pennies one by one. It did not take long at all! (Be sure the penny does not stick over any edge.) After all the pennies were set, I put the table out of the way for a day so it would dry and not be bumped. Next step, I painted polyurethane over the entire top, again I let it dry for 24 hours.

Everyone loves it. When the sun light shines, it is so amazing! It reflects the different colors of old and new copper. I merely dust it off with a microfiber cloth. It is a unique conversation piece. It didn't cost much money or time, but is fun and unique. The old wood table is back; better than before!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments
Crafts FurnitureMarch 25, 2013
A woman holding a piggy bank.
What Are You Doing to Pinch Pennies?
Sweater Covered Hanger
Making Covered Hangers
Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Making a Mosaic Tile Tabletop
blue fan
Cleaning Rubber Stains from Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:48:31 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.