Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles

Category Containers
Empty Pill Bottles
Rather than throwing them away or into the recycle bin, you can make many creative projects using medicine or pill bottles. This is a guide about craft ideas for used medicine or pill bottles.

This is a guide about making a pill bottle first aid kit. Having a mini first aid kit in your purse or backpack can come in handy.

Making a Pill Bottle First Aid Kit

Read More... Was this helpful? 7

This is a guide about making a pill bottle hide-a-key. It is easy to have a weather proof hidden key outside your home to make sure you can always get inside.

Making a Pill Bottle Hide-a-Key

Read More... Was this helpful? 4

This is a guide about making pill bottle pumpkins. Recycle your empty prescription bottles into these cute treat holders.

Making Pill Bottle Pumpkins

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Get creative with empty medicine bottles and make as many of these cute carolers as you like. This is a guide about how to make medicine bottle carolers.

Three medicine bottle carolers.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I really hate seeing the medicine bottles from Target go to waste and would like to know what they can be used for other than keeping screws or such in them. What have others done or might think to do with these? It's such a waste and I figure since the holidays are coming up that it would be fun to create some kind of project with them.

By Beth

Answer Was this helpful? 2

I would love to hear your ideas for pill bottles. My house is being overrun with them, ehhh!

I have an abundance of empty prescription bottles. Does anyone have any ideas for craft projects using these bottles? Does anyone have other suggestions on how to use empty prescription bottles? I just hate throwing them away.

By Squishy

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I have made spice racks with the larger pill bottles for spice containers. They make great Christmas gifts.

Try making a Christmas Tree!!!

Does anyone know of a way to use the brown pill bottles as an arts and crafts project?

Theresa from Hibbing, MN

I make a game of them, stack as high as you can to make a pyramid then count them , as the next kid awaits their turn. Each kid knocks down their own pyramid that's their favorite part.

My Mom would let us put 5 or 6 of her clear, coloured plastic beads in a pill bottle, then bake it/ them in the oven until it melted into a circle. We drilled a small hole at the top of the circle, & hung them as suncatcher ornaments.

I am trying to come up with "crafty" ways to make something out of medicine bottles and margarine containers (other than using them to store things in, etc., an actual object). Any suggestions?

By DEB from Fulton, NY

I use washed out margarine tubs for the following :-

To store my seeds that I collect in eg runner beans, sunflower

To keep left over foods in the fridge, eg baked beans,

To fill with soil and start off my seeds in them on the window sill

To use as 'saucers' to hold my small plant pots

Anonymous

Empty pill bottles: store q-tips for travel; store jewelry for travel; loose coins for the car console; art school teachers/kindergarten use them; paint the top of the pill bottle-then glue a small flower or beads to the top - put a pretty pair of earrings into the pill bottle as a gift; a paper gift certificate in the bottle; carry band aids in the bottle; paper clips.

Currently I take many medications and have leftover bottles. I would like to make a prescription bottle wreaths and deck lights. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make these crafty ideas?

Thank you.

Answer Was this helpful? 1