Crafts Using Frozen Juice Concentrate Lids

Before tossing these sturdy lids in the recycle bin, consider using them for craft projects. This guide contains crafts using frozen juice concentrate lids.

August 24, 2009 Flag

Another use for those smooth can lids from the Pampered Chef Can Opener or from frozen juice concentrate. You can paint on a design of your own or use stamps. Just make sure the stamps are small enough to fit in the center of the lid where there are no ridges.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour

Instructions:

1. With large nail and hammer, make a hole in the top of each can lid.

2. Prime 3-5 lids and dry.

3. Paint desired background color.

4. Draw on a design and paint or use desired stamp (We used a simple star).

5. Seal with varnish.

6. Cut several lengths of twine, about 18 inches each.

7. Tie twine to bamboo. Add a touch of glue to hold in place.

8. String on some beads and spools, knotting afterward.

9. Tie on can lids at different points on each string.

10. Finish with more beads and knots.

11. Attach another piece of twine to edges of bamboo for hanging. Secure with glue.

12. Add large bead to each end of bamboo and secure with glue.
This would be a cheap craft for kids. Stamps may be best for them.

Prepare lids with holes and primer ahead of time so the kids can go right to it!

By CinDy from Waynesburg, PA

How beautiful! You can't tell what they are until you look closely! When I first glanced, I thought 'where did they find round tiles?' They look like unglazed tiles! Wonderful idea, and great pic!

That is such a good idea. I have been saving lids having no idea what to do with them. I am definitely doing some of them, I am going to try using tattoos on some. Thanks for posting them. Can I put them on my web page, of course I will credit you :)

Oh my gosh, that is SO cute! The beads really add style to the whole thing. Now I have to buy some frozen juice to get started.

I love, love this idea. It is great looking, cheap, and easy. Right up my alley. And the great thing is, you can't tell it has such common beginnings.

December 18, 2010 Flag

Thrifty, easy, and lovely to behold! Let your kids or students help decorate the tree and house this year.

An ornament made from a juice can lid.

October 26, 2010 Flag

Transform a handful of beads and two frozen juice can lids into this grinning little guy just in time for Halloween!

Juice Lid Jack-O-Lantern

March 14, 2007 Flag

Hate to throw out the metal disks that come from the ends of frozen juice concentrate "tubes"? They're such a nice heavy-duty metal with no sharp edges. Here are some recycling ideas from our creative ThriftyFun community. Post your own ideas below.

Windchimes

You could make a windchime with those can tops. Let your imagination run wild.

By Toni K.

Candle Holders or Coasters

They would be good to place small pillar candles on to catch the wax, or you could have your children paint them and use them as coasters, wonderful as a gift to a family member.

By sammylew

Christmas Ornaments

I have taken small simple holiday designs, drawn on paper, and double-stick tape to front of the disk. Then with a hammer and awl, punch holes around the design, completing with large hole at top, and adding a decorative cord or fishline to hang. Or glue child's picture or old Christmas card design to center and hang for unique ornaments. Add trims: boas, feathers, stickers, etc.

By Kass1967

Educational Ideas

For a preschooler, buy two sets of identical stickers, put them on the metal disks and make a matching game. You can use these to play a form of the game of "concentration." Or put letters on one side and a sticker of something that starts with that letter on the other side. For younger children, put colored dots on them to teach colors. Cut a slit in the top of a coffee can that's been covered with pretty contact paper and all the rough edges filed and let your toddler put them in the can and then dump them out.

By Jewels955

Photo Magnet

A few years ago, one of my kids' teachers took pictures of each of her students individually and cut a circle around their face and attached them inside the rim of one side of the juice can lid. On the other side, she glued a magnet and these hung on her classroom door that was metal. As each kid came into class, they took their magnet picture and placed it on her magnetized chalk board as a form of roll call and gave them responsibility lesson as well.

You could do the same at home with a picture from each year for your child. Maybe each birthday, take a picture and do that and add to it each year. Use on refrigerator as magnet collection.

By Tawnda

Homemade Tap Dancing

Take a piece of wide elastic and attach it to the lids and let kids use them as taps on their shoes. What kid doesn't like to make noise, outdoors of course! LOL

By Owenmohrbucks

Makeshift Tub Stopper

I use one as a tub stopper. Leaks a little bit, but works just fine for taking a bath.

By Jayne

Knights Costume Material

If you had a lot of them you could make your own "chain mail" vest or tabard for a knight's costume. Drill holes in 2 or 4 sides (as needed) and use jump rings or fishing line to link them in a simple over-the-head pullover.

By Heather

Garden Row Markers

We used the ends of cans for row markers in the garden. We poked 2 holes in them and pushed a bent wire (cut from clothes hanger) through them so the lid sat at the top of the wire and was easily readable while walking through the garden.

By Sheryl

Giant Checkers

Make a giant checker board on canvas, floor, patio and paint these red and black. Or glue on a magnet and decorate them with a photo, seashell or dried flower arrangement or whatever you like. Ask your child for ideas, he might come up with very creative uses!

Well, I will really date myself with this, but when I was a teenager in the '60's, we used them to roll our straight hair on. You just put your hair up in a ponytail on top of your head, and then seperate your hair into 3 sections. You put some kind of gel on it, then roll it on three frozen orange juice cans. when you take it down, it is full and bouncy. no kidding!

Great ideas all! I wouldn't have thought of some of these. Thanks for sharing! : D

December 18, 2007 Flag

Cute, quick and frugal gifts or decorations! The magnets are used canning jar lids and smaller ones are from frozen OJ concentrate can ends. Base coat white or brown and paint faces.

Juice Can Lid Christmas Magnets

December 7, 2010 Flag

Is there a way to buy frozen juice concentrate lids without buying a ton of juice? I want to use them for crafts. Thank you.

By Sherry from Portland, ME

I started using canning jar lids. You can buy just the lids and bands without the jar.

Ask at a day care, or a care home. Some place they use the juice concentrate.

Great ideas! Thanks.

Don't forget the tin ends from cans of biscuts too :0)

July 20, 2012 Flag

I've collected at least 100 metal caps from the frozen juice cans. What can I do with them?

By Fila P.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I cut out pretty sections from Christmas cards, that I glued to center of lid, added fancy trim around the inside of rim and attached string. Really pretty ornys

Great Idea, Rustycrystal! I was thinking Magnets. The possibilities are endless! Beads, stamps, stickers, ribbons, lace, buttons, photos, pictures, sequins, anything! : D

We use to use the lids to make nail punch designs and decorate with trimming around the edge for Christmas tree ornaments. Just trace a small design on the lid and using hammer and nail, tap around the design evenly. Add a string for hanging. Designs could be a bell, Christmas tree, snowman, etc., the possibilities are endless.

Using pliers, bend the lids into bell shapes, and hang with pretty ribbon for a nice wind chime.

June 18, 2005 Flag

Uses for the metal lids that come off concentrated juice containers. Post your ideas.

Save your frozen orange juice can lids through out the year. For something to do with the kids, paint the juice lids and make Christmas ornaments or pretty magnets.

This could either be a cheap Summer craft idea or a rainy day project. Either way, these could be given as gifts, sold at garage sales, (if ornaments, kept for your own Christmas tree.)

By Terri

USE THEM AS COASTERS UNDERNEATH FURNITURE LEGS...

Make a Memory game by gluing a pair of pictures to the recessed sides of two lids. Make as many pairs as you think the child can handle. Place them face down in whatever configuration the child wants, turn them over two at a time to find matches. Use themes (animals, letters, numbers, colors, shapes, states and capitols, etc.) depending on the age of the child. You could even introduce children to their wider family by using family photos.

My grandmother found a christmas chime or door ornament (bells) made with those I think. They were bent like a bell; does this sound familiar?

Load More
Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersNovember 28, 2012
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
🎄