Crafts Using Old Door Knobs

Beautiful ornate door knobs can often be found at salvage stores, estate sales and yard sales. This guide is about crafts using old door knobs.

Crafts Using Old Door Knobs

March 26, 2012 Flag

Vase made from old an old door nob.Even the tiniest flowers in the garden deserve their moment to shine. But how to display them? Most vases are way too large for these miniatures.

I have several antique door knobs that have a hole in the metal. These work, deep enough to hold just the right amount of water to keep tiny flowers happy on my windowsill.

Be sure to add a few drops every day.

By Gloria from upstate NY

I have a cut glass toothpick holder that I use for tiny flowers sometimes. Another idea is a teacup and saucer (small ones), a glass punch cup or an old set of glass creamer & sugar.

For the big "main attraction"... just use a regular glass pitcher, fill it with water and lots and lots of sliced lemons so the pitcher looks full...then add fresh bouquet of flowers, with some draping over the rim of the pitcher...very stunning~!

@lluv2, Good ideas. Funny though, I was thinking I could also use the door knob to hold toothpicks. You know, sit it right next to a fancy plate of cheese cubes or some other snack. I like the door knob because it has a narrow opening that holds the tiny flowers upright. But for bigger bunches of flowers, I like your ideas.

June 18, 2012 Flag

Mini vase from used brass door knob, inverted with branch inserted.I recently had to replace my front door knobs. Instead of tossing them, I use them for a mini vase. I have butterfly weed in it.

Source: Saw it somewhere on the net awhile ago.

By Elaine S. from Near Cedar Rapids, IA

June 8, 2012 Flag

I found an old window screen, attached dried herb bundles, and screwed old door knobs on the bottom for a unique decoration for my garden room.

Art piece hanging on the wall.

Crafts Recycled CraftsJune 10, 2012
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Shelf Scarf from Hankies
Crafts Using Old Handkerchiefs
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel