Old Door Knob Vase

Even the tiniest flowers in the garden deserve their moment to shine. But how to display them? Most vases are way too large for these miniatures.

I have several antique door knobs that have a hole in the metal. These work, deep enough to hold just the right amount of water to keep tiny flowers happy on my windowsill.

Be sure to add a few drops every day.

By ~gloria from upstate NY

I have a cut glass toothpick holder that I use for tiny flowers sometimes. Another idea is a teacup and saucer (small ones), a glass punch cup or an old set of glass creamer & sugar.

For the big "main attraction"... just use a regular glass pitcher, fill it with water and lots and lots of sliced lemons so the pitcher looks full...then add fresh bouquet of flowers, with some draping over the rim of the pitcher...very stunning~!

@lluv2, Good ideas. Funny though, I was thinking I could also use the door knob to hold toothpicks. You know, sit it right next to a fancy plate of cheese cubes or some other snack.

I like the door knob because it has a narrow opening that holds the tiny flowers upright. But for bigger bunches of flowers, I like your ideas.

I love this idea!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Floral DisplaysMarch 26, 2012
🐛
😎
📓
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf11213543.tip.html