Removing Hair Dye from a Painted Door

Category Doors
Removing hair dye from a painted door without damaging the paint is not easily done. What typically will need to happen is covering the stain with primer and repainting part or all of the door. This is a guide about removing hair dye from a painted door.

How do you remove an old stain from hair color on a white wooden door?

By Dana from CA

Answers

Best Answer

Dana, have you tried Mr Clean magic eraser? it may not take it off right away but subsequent scrubbing will make it fade. I have had this happen on painted white walls and this eventually removed the stain. Good luck!

Best Answer

Pikka, you are a lifesaver. I accidentally splashed hair dye onto a bathroom door this morning and thought my husband would have a fit when he saw the huge purple stain it left behind. Thankfully dabbing bleach onto the white paint worked a treat. I left it for a minute or two before washing with plain water.
Many thanks for the advice. Jen, UK

I got black hair dye on my white bathroom door. I tried painting white over it, but still comes through. What can I do?

Answers

Best Answer

If you hadn't painted the door this one would be easier to clean. However, you have now painted the door so you will need to buy a primer that covers up old paint or marks.

My daughter decided to paint the doors in my house black at one time. I had to use a primer on this and paint it twice and then I was able to use paint to repaint the doors back to white.

Best Answer

Try baking soda and vinegar scrub well.I don't know if this will work because you painted the door.Try painting it a darker colour.