Crafty Uses For Plastic Baby Food Containers

I have tons of the new babyfood plastic containers with covers on hand. Can anyone think of something I could do with them. Anything crafty? My hubby wants to use them for his screws and such. Any other suggestions would be great. I would love to do something crafty with them.

Laurie

Answers:

I have seen them as "xmas" decorations. Put some candy in the jars, then decorate it as a Santa or snowman. They are kind of cute. (01/20/2005)

By Belinda

I think some of you misunderstood my post. These are not the glass jars. These are the "new" plastic tubs with covers. I did make candle holders for tea lights with the other one's. That's why I am having a hard time with these. Thought of plant starters too. Hmmm? (01/21/2005)

By Laurie

I bet Kindergarten teachers or Vacation Bible School teachers would welcome them for projects. Would make great snack containers for small children both at home and on trips. (01/21/2005)

By Beverly in TN

Offer them to a teacher or a school. As a former teacher I can think of a zillion things I would have used them for-paste or paint, glitter, beads, other craft supplies, starting seeds, small snacks in class, office and desk supplies like paper clips, folded wet wipes to take on a field trip, mini first aid kit with an antiseptic wipe and a couple of band-aids, take salad dressing from home for lunch, leftovers for lunch, fill with your own pudding or Jello for lunch boxes, fill with water and freeze for small lunch box ice packs or to put on owes. (01/21/2005)

By Linda

You say they are tubs with lids? Well then anything small can be stored in them.
A possibility is putting potpourri in one or two and opening them when needed for their special smells.

You could make then into stackable small child's toys. Maybe putting stickers on them with pictures/numbers and letters. (01/22/2005)

By Mr. Thrifty

With a baby, I also have a great deal of the plastic containers saved. I have found that they make good storage containers for his little crackers or Cheerios. I keep them in his diaper bag. (01/22/2005)

By Sugar

I know the plastic containers you are talking about. Using them for the bath time is great, poke a few holes in one and your child will watch the water flow out. My daughter had a set of First Years toys like that and really enjoyed them. Save them for paints (adult touch ups or kids) and when done, you can toss them. Maybe use them for building toys (like round blocks?) or matching game (stick on colors, letters, animals, etc. so your child can match the cows, numbers or whatever you are interested in). (02/01/2005)

By Alexandra

If you are a scrapbooker I think they would be great for storing tidbits of paper or die cuts, etc. (04/13/2005)

By Jessica

Why not try using them for patio lights? A friend of mine has offered to give me her containers to give this a try. I figure if you poke holes small enough in the bottom of the container and push through a small Christmas light, you could hang them up and use them as 'patio lanterns'. (06/14/2005)

By Kathy

I'm not sure I have seen those yet. But we have a new grandchild expected in Oct. I wonder if you could make a small sewing kit out of one? Make a small pincushion and glue it inside the lid (keeping the edges clear so the lid will still fasten). Then put in a couple of bobbins of black and white thread or whatever colors would suit you best for quick emergencies inside. Plus a couple of needles and a pair of folding scissors. Maybe a small tube of super glue. Some loose buttons or a bit of Velcro and a few straight pins sticking in the pincushion. Put the lid back on and stick it in the diaper bag or your purse.
(06/17/2005)

By patsAZ

If you know any Cub Scout or Girl Scout leaders, these are great containers for first aid kits. (06/17/2005)

By CRMom

You could also use them for homemade bath salts! Recipes can be found all over the Internet. Fill the little container [you can also use the jars] with homemade bath salts and give as a little gift! (10/12/2005)

By nysoapmaker61700

These work great too for holding spices in your cabinet. Label them and they are clear so you can see your spices too. Thanks Wayne (03/11/2006)

By ksguy

I would save them for snacks on the go for the diaper bag. I always carry Cheerios, goldfish, cookies (homemade of course) and other little things like that for when we are running errands. We are always out during meal or snack time! I don't know the size you mean, but they should be able to fit a toddler snack. Or you can pack applesauce/pudding in them for ready to go portions for the little one. (03/11/2006)

By camo_angels

Plastic Baby Food Containers
Uses for Plastic Baby Food Containers
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
🎉
🎄