Crate Training a Puppy

I just recently got a Yorkie puppy, as cute as a bugs ear. But when I put her in her pet taxi at night and through out the day she whines and whines till she wears herself out. Then she is quiet for about an hour then she starts all over again. I have tried everything I am looking for other suggestions. Please help.

By Rebecca from Blakesburg, IA

Answers:

Crate Training a Puppy

All day and all night is too long for a puppy to be in a crate. Your puppy needs several hours of exercise and companionship a day. You might consider two puppies and a safe place for them to be free to run and play during the day. Doggie day care is another option. Pet sitters will come in daily to walk your dog and give it some attention, or you may be able to hire neighborhood children to do it. You are expecting a great deal of a puppy. (10/05/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Crate Training a Puppy

It just breaks my heart to think of dogs of any age being stuffed in a crate all day and then at night too. If you don't want a pet to share your life and home, don't get one. If you want something to play with a couple hours a day, buy a toy. (10/05/2010)

By ginnee

Crate Training a Puppy

Do you mean you put her in her crate off and on "throughout the day", or do you put her in it all day while you are gone? I think people would be more inclined to want to make suggestions if they understood what you mean. If you leave your puppy in a crate all day and all night, she is never going to enjoy being in it because she will associate it with being left alone and locked up all the time! My dog loves her crate because she associates it with love and security. (10/05/2010)

By lyonpridej

Crate Training a Puppy

No I don't leave her in her crate all day or all night. I take her to work with me and she has other dogs to play with, but I am trying to potty train her so I have fewer messes inside and she learns that outside is her potty not my house. I love my Bela to death I would never do anything that was wrong, but I can't leave her running free all night long because then she is more likely to have accidents in the house and she will never know where she is to go potty at. I take her outside to go potty every 2-3 hours. But she still whines when I put her in there for some peace and quite for herself because I have three children. So I figured she would want some alone time; I know I sure enjoy at least an hour of alone time. (10/08/2010)

By Bela mom

Crate Training a Puppy, Young Papillon in a crate.
Crate Training a Puppy
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
puppy in crate
Puppy Pees in Crate
Puppy in Crate
Puppy Poops in Crate
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
🎉
🎄