Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Crocheted Blue Jeans Rug

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Crocheted Blue Jeans Rug

Those worn out denim pants can be reused to create a rug. This guide is about crocheted blue jeans rug.

Solutions: Crocheted Blue Jeans Rug

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Crocheted Blue Jeans Rug

Oval recycled jeans rug.This rug is made from about ten pairs of old, worn denim blue jeans in various shades of blue.

Approximate Time: 3 days

• denim blue jeans
  • scissors
  • sewing thread
  • sewing machine
  • large sized crochet hook-size P

Instructions:

1. Launder the old jeans, then cut seams out of each leg. Cut each leg into a continuous 2 inch strip.
  2. Sew each continuous strip together with the sewing machine and wind into balls of the same color.
  3. Separate light colors from darker colors, having different fabric balls to work with.
  4. To begin the rug, I crochet about 20 chain stitches, and turn, doing either a double or half-double crochet stitch, working and turning the rug each round until it is the desired size I want.
  5. Add each separate color of fabric as necessary. When adding a new color, make sure you machine stitch the strips together to join. Otherwise, the stitch will unravel.
  6. When the rug is finished, tuck the end piece into a stitch and sew in place.

This rug is best handwashed and does stand up to use. It doesn't do well in machine washing, so I soak it in the bathtub and drip dry. I used regular jeans for this rug, but the stretch denim jeans will work as well. Other colors of jeans can be used of your choice.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Crocheted Blue Jeans Rug.

Question: Blue Jean Rugs

I would like a pattern of a woven square or rectangular rug made from blue-jeans. Thanks

Jeanne-Marie de Moissac

Most Recent Answer

By Jan (Guest Post)05/15/2005

did you find a pattern for a rug? I have looked everywhere. if you did please contact me at bumming54@yahoo.com