Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

I have a hand towel in my kitchen that has been crocheted so that it attaches to my drawer. Now, I've gotten a nice new cotton kitchen towel that I would like to crochet into and make a similar item out of. I can't figure out how to get the crochet hook into the towel to make the hanger? I thought of something like a hole punch but they are too big. All advice is welcome!

Kate

Answers:

Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

My grandmother used to make those dishtowels. She threaded a big needle with the crochet thread or yarn and made blanket stitches across the end you want to crochet. That gives you something to put the hook into. (01/06/2005)

By mckaysatt

Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

Cut the dish towel in half. Use the #10 steel hook to evenly space holes across the top of the dish towel approximately 1 inch from the edge that was cut.

Hope this helps they look wonderful and last for years! (01/06/2005)

By sparknut

Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

Just take a fork and poke it into the towel. I do it all the time and it works just fine.

Enjoy those towels! (01/06/2005)

By Sandy

Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

You could us an awl or anything sharp and pointed. A carving fork would be good and you wouldn't even have to measure equal distances between holes, use the distance between the tines. (01/06/2005)

By lindal

A warm thank you!

A little while ago i sent a request to help me with my dilemna to make a hanging crochet hand towel. I'm very happy with it and very greatful for all the help, the meat fork worked for me!
(01/11/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

I do this all the time without poking holes. Depending on the quality of the towel, you can just shove the crochet hook right through it without too much force. (03/12/2005)

By torifreak12

Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Crocheted Drying Hanger
Crocheted Drying Hanger
🎉
🎄