Cutting Carrots

There are creative ways to prepare your carrots for your dish. This guide is about cutting carrots.

October 13, 2016 Flag

Just a few cuts in any sized carrot will give you a carrot pumpkin.

1. Cut a slit lengthwise down the carrot.

2. Cut a second slit perpendicular to the first cut. Then take out the wedge shaped sliver.

3. Repeat on the other side.

4. Cut the carrot in slices.

You can experiment with the depth of the slits and how far they are placed apart. Happy Halloween!

November 7, 2012 Flag

You can use a large pencil sharpener for your carrots. It makes them nice and thin to add to salads or coleslaw. It makes it easier to eat. Using a small sharpener for baby carrots works great, too.

This reminded me of something my now 52 yeaar old did when he was about 2. We had one of those little crank pencil sharpeners attached to the end of the kitchen counter. He wasn't allowed to have pencils yet but he was completely enthralled with that pencil sharpener.

I started smelling a really vile odor in my kitchen. I went all through the place, scrubbing the fridge, stove , cupboards and floor. Still the odor persisted. One day I needed to sharpen a pencil and when I removed it from the sharpener It had some blacked carrot and celery gunk on it. That scalawag had sharpened his carrot and celery sticks in the sharpener! When I started to clean up the mess he looked up at me with such pride in his little face and announced "Tee Bian (Steven Brian) do dat!"

That's really cute!

Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesNovember 13, 2012
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
carrots
Saving Money on Carrots
Growing Carrots
Growing Carrots
Freezing Carrots
Freezing Carrots
🎉
🎄