Browsing: Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos

These mixed breed dogs are small and very nice companions. This page contains dachshund/pomeranian mix photos.

Dachshund/Pomeranian
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 25, 2009 Flag

Radar is about 12 years old and is 1/2 Pom-1/2 Doxie. We bought him from a family friend For fun, he likes to be the boss! He was hurt 5 years ago from ice falling from the roof of a porch, he lost the use of his hind legs. We didn't want to put him to sleep because of our love for him. My oldest son who lives with me made a cart for him from a old baby buggy frame. He has been on wheels now since February 2004 and still going strong.

By Joan1935 from Central IA

Dog with rear leg wheeled cart.

August 22, 2016 Flag
Daisy looking a cameraDaizy (Dachshund Pomeranian Mix)

Your Pet's Age
6 years

Your Pet's Breed
Dachshund Pomeranian Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
I found her online, I forget what website, but I got her in 2010. She has long wire hair, long body, short legs, and weighs about 20-25 pounds. Shedding is minimal.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She has taken on my personality a lot, she is just as lazy as I am and will take long naps with me, she really loves to be chased though.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
This is the first dog that has ever been mine officially, I got her when I was 13, she learned fast with any training, she listens pretty good for the most part except she does have a problem with barking at people she doesn't know who are in the house or near it. She does like to get outside a lot and will start running down the sidewalk, but she always just takes herself on the walk that I always take her on and comes right back to the house. She is so mushy and affectionate, but can be kinda territorial when it comes to someone coming into my room, but other than that she is great. If I ever got another small dog I would get this mix, she does OK with small kids, she wasn't raised around them so she is tolerant towards them, but never shows aggression. She has a very good memory and remembers people who were too rough with her when she was a puppy and really freaks out around them. She doesn't like to be left alone and will follow you everywhere, she does have a problem with getting into the garbage but it's not a big deal because it's not that often. We have chickens and ducks and cats and she acts like they aren't even there, she wasn't raised around them they are fairly new, but she has never tried to bite them or play with them. She does get territorial around the cat though, she gets jeolous if you're petting the cat and not her and she will growl and kinda go to nip the cat, but never does. She is by far the best dog that has ever been in the family. We didn't socialize her a lot with other dogs so at the dog park she won't play with them, she will go out of her way to avoid them, we used to have a Golden Retriever that she grew up with and she was a bit more social to other dogs when we owned the Golden but she died, and that put my dog into a huge depression phase that took a bit to get her out of. Ever since then she hasn't been the same with new dogs. I recommend this breed to anyone who wants and easy to train dog that is a lap dog and will still try to protect you like a big dog would.

September 4, 2009 Flag

Angel was 14 years old when she passed away on March 23,2009. She was a longhaired Dachshund and Pomeranian mix. I was nursing in Southern California and became friends with the granddaughter of one of my patients.

February 26, 2012 Flag

Chewy is 2 years old and a Pomeranian/Dachshund. We got him in Dec 2009, he was such a tiny little dog with HUGE ears! Chewy loves to play with his "brother," Mason.

Closeup of Chewy.

February 27, 2016 Flag

I got him off Craigslist at 9 weeks. He loves tennis balls! He really loves to cuddle.

Peanut (Pomeranian/Dachshund)

January 8, 2010 Flag

Sophie is 17 months old. She is a Pomeranian - Dachshund mix. I got her through a classified ads on May 3, 2008. Sophie likes to wrestle with her pal, Ben.

Sophie on bed

April 26, 2009 Flag

Heisman Tebow Green is a 17 month old Pomeranian/Dachshund mix. I got him from my parents December 29, 2007 for my daughter's 18th Birthday. He likes to chase any moving object. He is smart, funny, and handsome. He is amazing.

On yellow blanket.

April 3, 2009 Flag

Hank is a 7 year old Long Haired Dachshund/Pomeranian mix I got 3 years ago from an animal rescue agency, Hank likes to chase squirrels and cats. Run through grass. Dance for treats. Nap in his bed.

Black and tan dog.

April 20, 2006 Flag

I have a Daschund, she is 2 and has had one litter and is going to have a second May 22nd. I bred her with a Pom and was woundering if anyone has any info on how they will look or any pictures. I have tred to find some photos online but haven't had any luck. I don't think it's very popular mix.

Thanks,
Blakeylou2

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have 3 Dach/Pom mix. Mamma the Dachsund, Daddy the Pom. My boy's are all brothers, same parents 1st, 2cd, 3rd litter. Elvis, Harley, Denny. They are about 7 month apart in age, the Baby, Denny, is quit the character. His brothers are gentle and caring with him. They have brought me so much joy and laughter. I have what we call a tail waggin party, and those curly tails, just start going.

Denny, born 1/16/11. I walk 1-3 miles along the Boyou in my subdivison, daily. Denny is just now able to really keep up with us (I carry him, when he gets tired. And he'll let me know when he's ready for "Daddy", to pick him up).

Watching them when we walk (I give em free time, and take the leash off), is so much FUN!! They play, play, play, its just a hoot!!

This is my baby, Roscoe. He is a Doc pom mix and is going on 3 years old. lovable, loyal, playful, sometimes stubborn, and for some reason has an odd fascination with socks that have been worn, LOL. The best breed of dog I have ever owned. Mine seems to take after the pom side in characteristics, until he gets scared or protective, then the Doc side comes out.

This is Bailey, she's my 7 year old "Weineranian". I wanted to share a pic since she looks so much different than any of the other pics on here! She must be a bit of a mutant, but she's my child and I love her. :)

I own a medium haired Pomeranian dachshund mix. He is my child. I also studied up on what to expect so I know what's true or not about their compalibilty and I will be honest. I would not recommend them living in a house with young children because they do get threatened easily by a over amount of hyperness that a young child or even a young dog would bring into to the mix. I'm not saying they're bad with children but they're bad with too much energy.

They are definitely lap dogs. They love cuddling. They don't need long walks but I give mine long walks anyway, because he loves it lol but not only are they lap dogs but they are yappers. I have a skate park down the street from me and my dog goes crazy with the yapping when he hears those skaters skateboarding down our street on the way to the skate park. But besides the yapping and being wary around hyper children they tend to be really stubborn. Trust me stubborn does not even cover it but they are a really awesome breed mix and this is coming from someone who grew up with a husky and pitbull and was sworn to larger dog breeds. So enjoy, hope I helped.

April 8, 2009 Flag

Black and tan mix breed puppy.Can anyone estimate how big my puppy will get? She is 10-11 weeks old and weighs 3 1/2 lbs. She is a Dachshund/Pomeranian mix. I'm not sure if its mini Dachshund or standard and that's part of what I'm trying to figure out. Thanks for your help!

By Daisy's Mama from Nashville, TN

One good indicator is the paws. The dogs usually grow into them. Or if you know the parents, take a good look.

I am sure you will love your pup no matter what size. Cute picture of a cute dog.

My vet confirmed that you can estimated a puppy's adult weight by taking their 8 weeks weight and mulitping by 3 or their 12 week weight and multiply by 2. This will give you a very close estimate of their adult weight. My puppy was 6 lbs. at 12 weeks so her adult weight should be about 12 lbs. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone!

Dauschunds typically have big paws. They don't grow into them like other dogs.

Load More
Pets Dogs Dog BreedsSeptember 19, 2013
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 18, 2016 at 12:30:43 PM on 10.0.2.111 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.