Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

How do I use Dawn dish washing liquid to unclog a tub?

Karen from Newark, DE

Answers:

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

Dawn dish washing liquid isn't going to cut it. Best and most thorough way to clean a tub drain is to lift out the drain plug, reach in with long needle nose pliers, and pull the gunk out and replace the drain plug. (09/23/2008)

By Harry

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

Hi Karen,
Try some of the other things mentioned on this site to the right of the question. If I can't do it with those, my husband does it with the snake he has bought.
Harriet (09/24/2008)

By Har'iet

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

My bathtub drain gets plugged quite often but it is because of my long hair. I use a crochet hook or a dentist's pick to pick the hair clumps out of the drain and pull them up. I grab onto the slippery mess with a piece of toilet paper or kleenex and put it in the waste basket. Voila! It drains as good as new. Every day my shower ends with a quick swipe of paper to pick up any of my long hairs in the tub. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. (09/24/2008)

By Joycer

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

A large pan of boiling water with a good size shot of Dawn in it, and then pour it down the drain. (09/25/2008)

By mulberry204

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

Thanks to mulberry204 who posted on Sept. 25, I did just that (a pan of boiling water with dawn in it and pour it down the drain) and it worked. But then, I knew there was no hair in the drain, just 40 years worth of "mung" or "gunk" or something. Dawn probably wouldn't be able to "cut through" hair! (10/10/2008)

By rabbit

Sink drain with water running into sink.
Clearing a Clogged Kitchen Sink Drain
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Dishwashing liquid being squeezed onto a sponge.
Using Dawn Dish Detergent
🎉
🎄