Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

How do I use Dawn dish washing liquid to unclog a tub?

Karen from Newark, DE

Answers:

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

Dawn dish washing liquid isn't going to cut it. Best and most thorough way to clean a tub drain is to lift out the drain plug, reach in with long needle nose pliers, and pull the gunk out and replace the drain plug. (09/23/2008)

By Harry

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

Hi Karen,
Try some of the other things mentioned on this site to the right of the question. If I can't do it with those, my husband does it with the snake he has bought.
Harriet (09/24/2008)

By Har'iet

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

My bathtub drain gets plugged quite often but it is because of my long hair. I use a crochet hook or a dentist's pick to pick the hair clumps out of the drain and pull them up. I grab onto the slippery mess with a piece of toilet paper or kleenex and put it in the waste basket. Voila! It drains as good as new. Every day my shower ends with a quick swipe of paper to pick up any of my long hairs in the tub. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. (09/24/2008)

By Joycer

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

A large pan of boiling water with a good size shot of Dawn in it, and then pour it down the drain. (09/25/2008)

By mulberry204

Dawn Detergent To Unclog Drain

Thanks to mulberry204 who posted on Sept. 25, I did just that (a pan of boiling water with dawn in it and pour it down the drain) and it worked. But then, I knew there was no hair in the drain, just 40 years worth of "mung" or "gunk" or something. Dawn probably wouldn't be able to "cut through" hair! (10/10/2008)

By rabbit