Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

If fleas are a problem for your pet, wash them with Dawn dishwashing soap. It kills them instantly. Leaving a small nightlight on during the night will draw fleas. Just put a small bowl of Dawn under the light and they will jump in.

By Brenda from Cleveland, OH

Answers:

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

HARTZ made my pets very sick! I have used the Dawn with good results. Good luck with your invaders.
Liz (01/17/2007)

By Ole Lulu

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

The Dawn might get rid of some of the adult fleas, but it won't do anything for the eggs that they have left behind. You should consult your vet before using anything on your pets other than what the vet recommends. I will stick to Frontline or Advantage for my dogs. (01/17/2007)

By Robin

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

Robin, I agree with you 100%, "self treatment" can be dangerous to a pet.

My two are indoor dogs yet I have them on Advantage all year and they've never had a flea, nor have they brought any into the home so my indoor kitties remain flea free also.

Jennifer
Northern Virginia (01/17/2007)

By ILuvDobes

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

Always use the blue kind I think its called orignal. How many of the sea life and birds has Dawn soap saved? The numbers are very high. The dawn soap is safe unless your animal has severe allergies to any kind of soap. (01/17/2007)

By lazidd

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

I like using the most safe form, and have used Dawn for flea removal. I would never use Frontline or any of those types of products again. My cat almost died when he was treated with it. It can cause severe nerve damage and death. (01/17/2007)

By #1Karen

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

Hi Karen, what a nightmare you went through. I'm so sorry.

The only "flea preventative" I have heard of, that killed pets was made by Hartz Mountain.

My kitties are not treated as they are strictly indoors and have have never had a problem with fleas.

My dobies have not had a problem whatsoever with Frontline or Advantage.

Jennifer
Northern Virginia (01/17/2007)

By ILuvDobes

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

This is the best way. They started jumping right off so I used it in my steam cleaner two weeks later no visitors yet so all the non believers try it. I thought it was silly too but it worked and only cost $2.50. So support Frontline if you want but dawn helps animals. Frontline tests on animals. So do what you want (09/19/2007)

By chris

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

Does anyone know what to use for the eggs & pupae that you can't kill from chemicals? I just got a 5 week old kitten that has some fleas & I'm trying to prevent infestation. (10/28/2007)

By ANNA

dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄
🍂