Dental Work Without Insurance in Northern California

I'm 22 yrs old, with no dental insurance. I live in Northern California. I don't make much, about 700 a month. I need dental work pretty badly. I'm worried if my teeth get bad I'll lose my job, plus it's not healthy. :/

Any advice on where to go or anything helps. Thanks.

By Sierra S.

Best Answer

Go and talk to some dentists. Many have plans to pay over time. Make teeth your first priority. Put a little money away each paycheck. Make sure you aren't making them worse, no sweets or soda.

Anonymous

I just had to respond to this, she said she makes $700 a month what part of she has no money to put away don't you get?

Anonymous

How can someone put money aside each paycheck when they are living check to check? That doesn't work in my eyes...what you need to do is first, check to see if your state offers any Dental Programs for people your age (low income) may have to pay a few dollars like 10 bucks a month to $0. Second, check the dental schools in your area they need people to come in for them to learn how to/practice on teeth they're not doing it alone they do have actual dentist in there overseeing them sometimes there that over see their work. Sometimes there is a wait but get on that waiting list now. You may be lucky and they will call you right away. Sometimes you pay very very little to nothing. Third, depending on your credit, you can apply for Care credit. It's a credit card special for dentists along with being able to take your animal to the vet (at least in my state michigan. Good luck hope this helps

I'm 51 years old with no top teeth and few bottom ones and two are broke off and the rest are bad also can someone help me i have no insurance and would like to have dentures

I am in desperate need of a dentist that will let me Mk monthly payments I need 16 teeth pulled none can be saved they all hurt plz tell me someone in dentistry that can help. Desperate hurting bad

Whether or not poor teeth would affect your job, would depend on what type of work you do. I have seen people working as cashiers that don't have real great teeth. Do you have decent credit? Also some places have signs up that say payment arrangements can be made. If you are close to a dental school, see what kind of services they provide. Here all they do is do an exam and cleaning.

Could you get a second part time job? Also if you have any dealings with the Department of Social Services/Welfare Office and see if they know of any place that can help you. You could also go to your county and explain the situation and see if they can help you. As far as I know all counties in the country have a certain amount of medical help for their low income residents.

I lived with broken off teeth and roots for about five years and I ate everything that people with teeth eat. I got dentures when I got my share of the money from selling our house along with the divorce. That was in the fall of 1983 and to this day I can eat everything, including popcorn with teeth.

First try goggling "low cost dental (in your town/nearest city)" also try CA.gov and your county.gov to see if they have anything. Sometimes it depends on your age - in the 60's we were on welfare in CA and only our children could get dental care, not adults. Good luck, I know the feeling.

No matter what, dental work is going to cost you - with or without insurance. But believe me, especially if you're going to get serious work done, you want a plan of some sort. Seniors have a lot more options these days than they used to. For a free consultation and advice on senior health and dental insurance, check out http://killianinsure.com I'm sure they'll have all the answers you need. Good luck.

I need a dentist that can pull your teeth, at no cost and put in free denture, is there a program that is out there , can help you

I have no insurance and all my roots and teeth needs,to be pulled asap and dentures I need help I live in college park ga. But willing to go anywhere for help