Deodorant Stains On Clothing

What is a safe way to remove the white residue left by deodorant from a bra?

By Linda Rose from CA

Answers:

Deodorant Stains On Clothing

Have you tried taking the cap full of liquid laundry soap you are going to add to your wash-load and pouring it directly on to the stain and using an old toothbrush to scrub it a bit, then washing as usual? You can also use "Goop," the creamy hand cleaner made for mechanics. You buy Goop at the $1 store.

That tip is for antiperspirant stains, but for perspiration stains, use peroxide. Let it sit and fizz for 5 minutes before laundering.

I also bleach my white and light colored bras and I switched to a deodorant, I quit using antiperspirants. Deodorants leave no residue. My favorite brand is called "Tom's." It's available at Health Food Stores. For people who perspire heavily, you can also use a crystal-rock natural antiperspirant before your deodorant. (Ask about it at the Health Food Store.) The crystal-rock doesn't leave any residue, but they stop you from sweating (it's made from a natural salt, I think it's potassium salt) and it really works!

OOPS! I just read that you live in California! Do you add a water softener when you wash your clothes (like Calgon)? If not, adding it will make a huge difference! I remember how hard the water in California was when I lived there back in the 1970s and how nothing came clean without a water softener. (05/05/2010)

By Cyinda

Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Removing Deodorant Stains on Clothing
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
🎉
🎄