Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Diaper Rash Remedies

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed

Diaper rash is very painful for your baby. This is a guide about diaper rash remedies.

Solutions: Diaper Rash Remedies

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Diaper Ointment Recipe

Don't buy diaper rash treatments when you can make this for much less money!

• 1/4 cup Vaseline
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch

Directions:

Mix 1/4 cup Vaseline with 1 Tbsp. cornstarch.
This works so well, you'll never go back!

By AlaskanAurora from Dutch Harbor, AK

Tip: Bag Balm for Baby's Bottom

If your baby has diaper rash and you have tried all the creams (i.e. desitin etc.) use Bag Balm and your baby's bottom will clear up overnight. It's the only thing I use for my babies. It also works on their sore noses from blowing them when they have allergies or a cold.

By Leanne

Tip: Antacid Liquids for Diaper Rash

When my son gets a diaper rash (usually from foods that contain more acid than he can tolerate) instead of using the high priced ointments that don't work on the burning feeling, I use liquid malox or mylanta on his bottom. As soon as I apply that, he feels instant relief.

By Green18chick

Tip: Diaper Cream Alternatives

When my daughter was first born, I spent a small fortune on diaper creams and name-brand baby powder (she's prone to diaper rash). She would still get a diaper rash every so often, even though I used the creams with every diaper change. When circumstances forced me to cut back on my expenses, I began using corn starch (from the baking dept.) and pure petroleum jelly (vaseline) from the dollar-store. She has not had a single diaper rash in 4 months! Not only is it much, much cheaper, I think having fewer chemicals against her sensitive skin is much healthier (and really - who is going to get close enough to a baby's butt to smell that baby powder scent?!)

By Leann D

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Diaper Rash Remedies.

Question: Remedy for Toddler With Diarrhea and Diaper Rash

My 2 yr old daughter has pale diarrhea and has a really bad diaper rash. What can I do for her?

By mommiof22011 from Stillwater, OK

Most Recent Answer

By Dorothy07/14/2011

If you want to take care of it without drugs just give her over ripe banana. It worked wonders for my children.

Question: What is A+D Ointment?

What is A and D Ointment? It seems to be useful for the whole body. Would this ointment or one with similar qualities be available in Australia?

By furlegs from Adelaide, Australia

Most Recent Answer

By Nan Corpe03/03/2010

A&D works well to keep a baby's butt healthy as long as the diaper is changed regularly, buy the product called "Butt Paste" heals wounds faster becaise it contains a good amount of zinc which is the healer. I have no babies, but I keep both of these products in my home.