Diaper Rash Remedies

Diaper rash is very painful for your baby. This is a guide about diaper rash remedies.

Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Each baby is different and what works for some doesn't work for the other. We tried quite a few different diaper rash ointments, including; Desitin, Aquaphor Healing Ointment, and Burt's Bees Diaper Rash Cream. Nothing worked as well for my son as Waxelene. After applying Waxelene his rash would show improvement by the next diaper change and would usually clear up within a day. Waxalene was the best diaper rash treatment for my son. It also works well on dry skin and other types of rashes.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When my daughter was first born, I spent a small fortune on diaper creams and name-brand baby powder (she's prone to diaper rash). She would still get a diaper rash every so often, even though I used the creams with every diaper change. When circumstances forced me to cut back on my expenses, I began using corn starch (from the baking dept.) and pure petroleum jelly (vaseline) from the dollar-store. She has not had a single diaper rash in 4 months! Not only is it much, much cheaper, I think having fewer chemicals against her sensitive skin is much healthier (and really - who is going to get close enough to a baby's butt to smell that baby powder scent?!)

By Leann D

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If your baby has diaper rash and you have tried all the creams (i.e. desitin etc.) use Bag Balm and your baby's bottom will clear up overnight. It's the only thing I use for my babies. It also works on their sore noses from blowing them when they have allergies or a cold.

By Leanne

I was reading about all the concoctions for belly butter and thought I'd share my sure fire diaper rash preventative. My boys are 60, 57, 55, and 38. I used petroleum jelly (aka Vaseline) on their bottoms after each diaper change. We "never" had diaper rash! Not even after I started giving them "real" orange juice.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is A and D Ointment? It seems to be useful for the whole body. Would this ointment or one with similar qualities be available in Australia?

By furlegs from Adelaide, Australia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A&D works well to keep a baby's butt healthy as long as the diaper is changed regularly, buy the product called "Butt Paste" heals wounds faster becaise it contains a good amount of zinc which is the healer. I have no babies, but I keep both of these products in my home.

Read More Answers...

When my son gets a diaper rash (usually from foods that contain more acid than he can tolerate) instead of using the high priced ointments that don't work on the burning feeling, I use liquid malox or mylanta on his bottom. As soon as I apply that, he feels instant relief.

By Green18chick

Baby orajel on a baby rash not only eases the pain, but gets rid of the rash in record time!

This is a guide about homemade diaper rash ointment recipes. There are many creams and ointments on the market to treat diaper rash. You can save money by making your own.

Baby in Diaper

Parenting Baby AdviceMarch 30, 2013
      baby at photo shoot
      Making a 1st Birthday Hat and Diaper Cover
      Diaper Pail
      Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
      Baby in Diaper
      Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment Recipes
      Uses for Talcum Powder
      Uses for Talcum Powder
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 9:50:19 PM on 10.0.2.159 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.